Super Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

On 8/17/2014 Tique said:

Hi Lola. The beauty of this week's mani is its simplisticness. I spied the thumb immediately and smiled. As previously stated, the single fleur is just enough.

Most of the week I wore Nailtiques Formula 1 but yesterday I applied a single coat of Sally girl Baby Doll. It was ok for a day but now my nails are screaming for me to rescue them by either removing the remaining polish and starting over or applying another coat or two. I need to do some cuticle maintenance so I guess it's option 1. Will apply a couple of layers of something with Opalescence after the Nailqiues.

Happy Sunday All!

Hi there, Tique! Thanks, I'm glad you like this week's mani too.

I'm confused: I thought last week you'd decided to go from Formula 2 to 2-Plus. Am I remembering wrong? I don't think I'd have recommended Formula 1 for the problems you described you were having.

Any time I decide to do just a polish change (i.e., skipping the prep steps), I'm never happy either. I'll be doing my nails this afternoon too. I finally decided what I want to do.

I think of you too when I choose a photo showing the thumb. Smile Some bloggers show only one fingernail of a mani, can you imagine??

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 8/17/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 8/17/2014 txrose said: Hi Lola nice and simple. I have a question for you do you ever do fun and whimsical, a just for fun mani?

Good morning, txrose! Thanks, I've enjoyed the simplicity of this one too. I guess I consider all my mani / pedi's to be "just for fun" and / or whimsical. Am I missing your point? If I were being non-whimsical, I would do a plain OPI "Mademoiselle" (which I did do for years!) and look absolutely "normal". LOL.

Your manis are always so elegant , classy, & very pretty. Flowers; bright colors, just for fun out of the box , that's what I mean. How about a balloons for October. Lol
Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 Tique said:

Hi Lola. The beauty of this week's mani is its simplisticness. I spied the thumb immediately and smiled. As previously stated, the single fleur is just enough.

Most of the week I wore Nailtiques Formula 1 but yesterday I applied a single coat of Sally girl Baby Doll. It was ok for a day but now my nails are screaming for me to rescue them by either removing the remaining polish and starting over or applying another coat or two. I need to do some cuticle maintenance so I guess it's option 1. Will apply a couple of layers of something with Opalescence after the Nailqiues.

Happy Sunday All!

I'm confused: I thought last week you'd decided to go from Formula 2 to 2-Plus. Am I remembering wrong? I don't think I'd have recommended Formula 1 for the problems you described you were having.

Any time I decide to do just a polish change (i.e., skipping the prep steps), I'm never happy either. I'll be doing my nails this afternoon too. I finally decided what I want to do.

I think of you too when I choose a photo showing the thumb. Smile Some bloggers show only one fingernail of a mani, can you imagine??

No Lola, you're not wrong. I fnally got around to ordering Formula 2+ for one of my problem nails. It should arrive tomorrow. I don't think the second one needs it because it has already started to grow back but the one that keeps splitting is not doing as well.

One fingernail? For me, that's not enough. I need to see more.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Super Contributor

On 8/17/2014 txrose said:
On 8/17/2014 txrose said: Hi Lola nice and simple. I have a question for you do you ever do fun and whimsical, a just for fun mani?

Good morning, txrose! Thanks, I've enjoyed the simplicity of this one too. I guess I consider all my mani / pedi's to be "just for fun" and / or whimsical. Am I missing your point? If I were being non-whimsical, I would do a plain OPI "Mademoiselle" (which I did do for years!) and look absolutely "normal". LOL.

Your manis are always so elegant , classy, & very pretty. Flowers; bright colors, just for fun out of the box , that's what I mean. How about a balloons for October. Lol

Oh! I see what you mean. No, I don't. At the risk of sounding very *all that*, your description of my mani's (thank you!) is exactly how I would describe myself (but much nicer coming from someone else!). I am at an age where I would feel juvenile wearing a Halloween mani, for example. I have thought about some hot air balloons for Oct., but probably won't. I think doing nail art at all is pretty out there for my age group! And no, I'm not an ageist, just being comfortable in my own skin.

Lola
Super Contributor

On 8/17/2014 Tique said:
On 8/17/2014 Tique said:

Happy Sunday All!

No Lola, you're not wrong. I fnally got around to ordering Formula 2+ for one of my problem nails. It should arrive tomorrow. I don't think the second one needs it because it has already started to grow back but the one that keeps splitting is not doing as well.

One fingernail? For me, that's not enough. I need to see more.

Hope 2-Plus "fixes" the problem nail -- usually 3-4 weeks gets mine back on track.

When I see only one nail shown, I think, "I know what she was doing" -- usually I have one nail I consider PERFECT, and showing the others just dilutes its effect! Also, on an elaborate, multi-step design, doing just one, especially for a daily nail blogger, greatly reduces the time spent on a mani. In my case, I only do a mani with the intention of wearing it for 7-8 days, and I show you all what I actually wore that week.

Lola
Super Contributor

Oh! I see what you mean. No, I don't. At the risk of sounding very *all that*, your description of my mani's (thank you!) is exactly how I would describe myself (but much nicer coming from someone else!). I am at an age where I would feel juvenile wearing a Halloween mani, for example. I have thought about some hot air balloons for Oct., but probably won't. I think doing nail art at all is pretty out there for my age group! And no, I'm not an ageist, just being comfortable in my own skin.

Oh Lola your hands are so young looking. I will be in your neck of the woods for the Balloon Festival I'll look for the lady with the young looking hands & beautiful mani.
Respected Contributor

Your nails look nice and that color flatters your skin tone.

I tried then ""new"" (for me) Vinylux 1 Week Polish from the salon. Color: Hot Pop Pink

Not my nails:

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Super Contributor

Oh Lola your hands are so young looking. I will be in your neck of the woods for the Balloon Festival I'll look for the lady with the young looking hands & beautiful mani.

You're coming to ABQ?? I'll have to find a way to get you my email and maybe we could meet at one of the events! We usually go to one of the evening Special Shapes "Glowdeos". Have you been before? Looking for "the lady with the young looking hands and beautiful mani" would be like finding a needle in a haystack! Thousands and thousands of people milling around! I'm sure you're excited and looking forward to it. I think it's our very best local event.

Lola
Super Contributor

Oh, Lola, I always love your fleur-de-lis designs! This one is subtle, sophisticated, and just plain lovely :-)
Super Contributor

On 8/17/2014 Lotus~ said:

Your nails look nice and that color flatters your skin tone.

I tried then "new" (for me) Vinylux 1 Week Polish from the salon. Color: Hot Pop Pink

Not my nails:

Hello there, Lotus! That's a pretty, azalea, IMHO, pink. How are you finding the wear and shine? Lasting as advertised?

Thanks for stopping by to comment!

Lola