Honored Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

On 8/2/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 8/2/2014 DREAMON said:

Lola, The color is so pretty but it is hard to see the tip...I bet it is beautiful in person. You inspired me last week...I got a deep pink sparkle gel mani with a very pale pink sparkle tip. I love it.

We are having a rainy weekend. My hubby had to work today and we have NO quests here this weekend. He is bringing home crabs for dinner ..YUM! I am thinking of going to Home Goods this afternoon.

My neighbor uses the vinegar /Dawn dish soap concoction for weeds. He says it does work. He said the key is you have to use Dawn and not a substitute.

Hi DREAMON, well I'm so pleased if I inspired your mani. Glad you like your glitter tips as much as I do too.

DH says he's been using Dawn in his weed spray, so I guess it was just luck he started with that and found success. I use Ivory liquid at the kitchen sink.

Mmmm, crab for dinner!! I was "taken in", once again, by the Red Lobster ads on TV and we went there the other night and it was NOT worth what they charged for it, so last night I made basil/garlic stuffed sea scallops with olive oil/lemon pan sauce, served over salad greens and it was way better than RL. I have some King Crab legs in the freezer -- maybe we'll have some crab for dinner too -- thanks for the suggestion!

We have a fairly new Home Goods near us. Such a pleasant store to shop! What are you looking for?

I'm sick with jealousy. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

On 8/2/2014 just bee said:

Number one:

A correction. <em>The weeds have won.</em> We were in the bosque today with the world's greatest dog and we should have brought a machete.

That rogue Siberian elm has had a growth spurt and if I don't get it out it's going to take out the front of my house!

I was thinking how beautiful Albuquerque would be if it wasn't high desert. A little rain transforms it.

Number two:

I love this nail! It's like finding a brand new penny. It's so pretty that you just have to pick it up. And you want to save it because it'll never be so perfect again. You'll have to bring this one back again this fall when the chiles are roasting and there's a log in the fireplace.

Hi just bee, the rain does transform the landscape, which is just waiting for rain to burst into bloom, doesn't it? I know what you mean about those elm seedlings -- they're crafty devils! They grow up beneath other shrubs and before you see them, they're already two feet tall and a bear to get out!

I'm sorry, was there a new election for "World's Greatest Dog"? Nicky says no one came and took his crown away! LOL. That just reminded me of a similar discussion I had with my opponent for a whole two-day golf tournament over whose Yorkie was cuter. She came over [after I won the match] and graciously agreed mine was cuter. Now is that a nice person or what?

Yes, I thought too that this look would be especially nice with the russets of Fall.

I think it's gonna rain today ... Wink

Did I mention that I did a research project on Carrie Tingley for nursing school? That's when I discovered her husband Clyde was responsible for introducing the species to New Mexico.

I love trees -- I went to Joyce Kilmer Elementary School in Chicago -- but these things are diabolical. The gift that keeps on giving. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Yes -- that mani will be perfect with leather boots and a cuddly sweater. And some carne adovada. Just 62 days 'til Balloon Fiesta!

That's an interesting factoid about Clyde Tingley. Guess we have to take the good [the children's hospital] with the bad [volunteer elm seedlings] from his place in history.

As to the Dawn dissolving the linoleum, that is what they use to degrease the sea birds after an oil spill, and linoleum is a product probably made from petroleum, so that sounds logical.

I'm not counting the days until Fall -- I enjoy my leaves most, green and still on the trees. Although, I will say, summer for me is over once the monsoons start -- cloudy afternoons, rain, just doesn't seem hot enough anymore. Don't throw tomatoes, the rest of you!

Lola
Super Contributor

Lola, The color is so pretty but it is hard to see the tip...I bet it is beautiful in person. You inspired me last week...I got a deep pink sparkle gel mani with a very pale pink sparkle tip. I love it.

We are having a rainy weekend. My hubby had to work today and we have NO quests here this weekend. He is bringing home crabs for dinner ..YUM! I am thinking of going to Home Goods this afternoon.

My neighbor uses the vinegar /Dawn dish soap concoction for weeds. He says it does work. He said the key is you have to use Dawn and not a substitute.

Hi DREAMON, well I'm so pleased if I inspired your mani. Glad you like your glitter tips as much as I do too.

DH says he's been using Dawn in his weed spray, so I guess it was just luck he started with that and found success. I use Ivory liquid at the kitchen sink.

Mmmm, crab for dinner!! I was "taken in", once again, by the Red Lobster ads on TV and we went there the other night and it was NOT worth what they charged for it, so last night I made basil/garlic stuffed sea scallops with olive oil/lemon pan sauce, served over salad greens and it was way better than RL. I have some King Crab legs in the freezer -- maybe we'll have some crab for dinner too -- thanks for the suggestion!

We have a fairly new Home Goods near us. Such a pleasant store to shop! What are you looking for?

Maybe it's traveling sea food show weekend at Costco?

Lola
Honored Contributor

Number one:

A correction. <em>The weeds have won.</em> We were in the bosque today with the world's greatest dog and we should have brought a machete.

That rogue Siberian elm has had a growth spurt and if I don't get it out it's going to take out the front of my house!

I was thinking how beautiful Albuquerque would be if it wasn't high desert. A little rain transforms it.

Number two:

I love this nail! It's like finding a brand new penny. It's so pretty that you just have to pick it up. And you want to save it because it'll never be so perfect again. You'll have to bring this one back again this fall when the chiles are roasting and there's a log in the fireplace.

Hi just bee, the rain does transform the landscape, which is just waiting for rain to burst into bloom, doesn't it? I know what you mean about those elm seedlings -- they're crafty devils! They grow up beneath other shrubs and before you see them, they're already two feet tall and a bear to get out!

I'm sorry, was there a new election for "World's Greatest Dog"? Nicky says no one came and took his crown away! LOL. That just reminded me of a similar discussion I had with my opponent for a whole two-day golf tournament over whose Yorkie was cuter. She came over [after I won the match] and graciously agreed mine was cuter. Now is that a nice person or what?

Yes, I thought too that this look would be especially nice with the russets of Fall.

Did I mention that I did a research project on Carrie Tingley for nursing school? That's when I discovered her husband Clyde was responsible for introducing the species to New Mexico.

I love trees -- I went to Joyce Kilmer Elementary School in Chicago -- but these things are diabolical. The gift that keeps on giving. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Yes -- that mani will be perfect with leather boots and a cuddly sweater. And some carne adovada. Just 62 days 'til Balloon Fiesta!

That's an interesting factoid about Clyde Tingley. Guess we have to take the good [the children's hospital] with the bad [volunteer elm seedlings] from his place in history.

As to the Dawn dissolving the linoleum, that is what they use to degrease the sea birds after an oil spill, and linoleum is a product probably made from petroleum, so that sounds logical.

I'm not counting the days until Fall -- I enjoy my leaves most, green and still on the trees. Although, I will say, summer for me is over once the monsoons start -- cloudy afternoons, rain, just doesn't seem hot enough anymore. Don't throw tomatoes, the rest of you!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Maybe it's traveling sea food show weekend at Costco?

I'm keeping my eyes open for any crab opportunity.

Super Contributor

Number one:

Number two:

Once again, you amaze me with your pertinent images, just bee!

Lola
Honored Contributor

On 8/2/2014 Andreatoo said: it's hard to see Lola! You have to come to all of our homes and show us lol :-) today I am wearing Sally Hansens Lustre shine in a beautiful tanzanite color. The downside is that this is the first Sally Hansen that is chipping like crazy! :-( big disappointment since I was having such good luck with the Insta Dri and the hard as nails

Hello, Andreatoo! I looked up your polish and it's a perfect Peacock, IMHO. Very nice and it got good reviews on the blog I read, but that's not good if it chipped. I'm still wearing the above mani and I didn't do any extra top coats during the week, so I have a couple of corner chips myself, but I'll change polish today.

My DH is a semi-professional photographer and he has what I call the "umbrella forest" to light his photos to perfection, and he refuses to believe that my polish shows to best advantage under the lamp beside my chair! ONCE, I got him to photograph a holo polish mani under my lamp, and that's what it takes to get the glow just right. IMHO. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I have no complaints about the color it's quite beautiful and the name is Azure by the way, I'm just not used to this line wearing so poorly :-(I received an email with some tutorials in it the other day from somebody named Chelsea King. it's clear now that I need to purchase the top coat that both of you experts use regularly!
Super Contributor

On 8/2/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 8/2/2014 Andreatoo said: it's hard to see Lola! You have to come to all of our homes and show us lol :-) today I am wearing Sally Hansens Lustre shine in a beautiful tanzanite color. The downside is that this is the first Sally Hansen that is chipping like crazy! :-( big disappointment since I was having such good luck with the Insta Dri and the hard as nails

Hello, Andreatoo! I looked up your polish and it's a perfect Peacock, IMHO. Very nice and it got good reviews on the blog I read, but that's not good if it chipped. I'm still wearing the above mani and I didn't do any extra top coats during the week, so I have a couple of corner chips myself, but I'll change polish today.

My DH is a semi-professional photographer and he has what I call the "umbrella forest" to light his photos to perfection, and he refuses to believe that my polish shows to best advantage under the lamp beside my chair! ONCE, I got him to photograph a holo polish mani under my lamp, and that's what it takes to get the glow just right. IMHO. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

I have no complaints about the color it's quite beautiful and the name is Azure by the way, I'm just not used to this line wearing so poorly :-(I received an email with some tutorials in it the other day from somebody named Chelsea King. it's clear now that I need to purchase the top coat that both of you experts use regularly!

Yes, I do go on about Seche Vite, probably tiresomely, but the stuff literally changed my [manicure] life!

Lola
Honored Contributor

just bee,

Well I guess we can assume Dawn will kill weeds if it killed linoleum{#emotions_dlg.scared}

We have seafood a few times a week living here on the ocean. It never gets old. I hope you and Lola enjoyed your dinner.

Smile Have a great week girls!

Honored Contributor

just bee,

Well I guess we can assume Dawn will kill weeds if it killed linoleum{#emotions_dlg.scared}

We have seafood a few times a week living here on the ocean. It never gets old. I hope you and Lola enjoyed your dinner.

Smile Have a great week girls!

Still early here in the high desert so dinner hasn't yet been consumed. I went to the market and saw those skinny crab legs and passed them up for Italian sausage and bell peppers in every color. Another dish that might be served up in Jersey! Wink