Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

Lola, my cousin had a Bichon Fise. I don' t know how ALL Bichon Fise dogs act.Her dog was a " crazy" Bichon Fise. The book I read about the " Standard" Poodle being a "clown dog" was in a German Shepherd book. The German Shepherd took the "smartest dog" title away from the Standard Poodle. Because they would "clown' around and you couldn't trust them to remember what U trained them to do.It seems most dog trainers use food to train their dogs.Our German Shepherd wasn't trained with food.Macy's Fireworks get better each year{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I'm glad U got to watch the Macy's Fireworks on TV.

Super Contributor

On 7/5/2014 patheticcosmetics said:
On 7/5/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 7/5/2014 patheticcosmetics said:

Good afternoon Lola,

A belated happy anniversary.

Orange sherbet, so cool & refreshing.

Wave the flag. My grandson liked this one [I show him the mani's, budding artist].

We had torrential rain this past week. Cancelled all 4th of July activities. But today, it's like fall. Cool & dry.

Another mini vacation starting tomorrow with my dearest friend coming up for a visit. Thelma & Louise on the loose Cool.

Enjoy your weekend.

Hi patheticcosmetics, well you're making me envious with all your mini vacations = fun times! Are you Thelma or are you Louise in that scenario? Who's Brad Pitt?? LOL

That's interesting your GS would see the "art" in nail art -- good for him! Will probably come in handy for future relationships too {#emotions_dlg.devil2}.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. So sorry your 4th was a wash out.

Have a great time this week!

When the movie first came out I identified with Louise, still do. My girlfriend was definitely Thelma. But now, she's become a bit like Louise [finally]. I gave her this movie as a gift last year. We would sooo get into the trouble Thelma & Louise did.

OT, I mentioned in my last post on last week's mani that I was sorry to read about your cancer treatment & hope that all is well with you.

Fireworks tonight, so just a little belated birthday party for my grandson.

Well, that's interesting you really do identify with those characters. We all change in small ways as we mature, but I always remind those close to me, someday, when I'm having my mental competency evaluation, please tell them, I've never known today's date!

Yes, I did see your comment on last week's thread about my cancer treatment -- thank you. It's almost a distant memory now (that's not true, it's never that distant!) -- 14 yrs. ago, this October, and I'm fine, thank goodness, despite many extenuating circumstances which delayed treatment.

When I saw Brad Pitt come on screen in T & L (and that was the first time I'd ever seen him), I thought, that boy's gonna have a BIG career! Was I right??

Lola
Super Contributor

patheticcosmetics, have you ever met Geena Davis? Several Hollywood celebrities live in Santa Fe (near here), but I've never come across Julia Roberts or Shirley Maclane, or Gene Hackman, for example. Oh wait, I did stand in line (on crutches!) for the first "Star Wars" movie next to Rita Coolidge and Kris Kristofferson for over an hour, and NO one, including us, said one word to them, "ho hum".

Yes, "Man Eater" first came to mind when H & O were mentioned. Was that their biggest hit? What's your black kitty's name?

Yes, just bee, toes (perfectly pedicured, of course) crossed too!

Hi bunjetto, {#emotions_dlg.blush}

matchpoint, sadly, I've only known "crazy" Bichons myself. I imagine everyone would describe a breed primarily by those dogs one has known personally. I checked the AKC breed standard for BF and they don't use the term "clown" specifically (there), but they do state this on the AKC breed page:

"Although the breed's colorful past includes use as a circus dog, today the Bichon is enjoyed primarily as a companion animal."

My impression of a poodle not excelling at an intelligence test would be the poodle thinking, "I'm not interested in taking your silly test today, but I'll show you later, in my own way, who's the smart one here." I have a great respect for Yorkshire Terriers' intelligence too, based on the many I have owned. A German Shepherd probably would lead the class because of their innate desire to "do a good job" and please their owner! LOL.

Lola
Contributor

Lola. I agree with you. We do get to LUV the breed we own.

Honored Contributor

Hi Lola. I like both manis but really like the anniversary one. The polish color is beautiful. Thanks for confiding that you take shortcuts sometimes too. Oh I did see your note on last week's thread but I chose not to get a preview and wait until today.

It's about time for me to purchase another bottle of Nailtiques 2 and I am also going to purchase Formula 1 for maintenance. Not sure how I'm going to work the new one into my nail routine; maybe I'll alternate the two. My nails have gotten quite hard and I wish they were a little less. They don't need to bend all the way back - like the Tips lady - but a little flexibility would be good.

How did the polish removal go with last week's glitter mani?

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

hey Lola happy 4th! These are my favorite so far! Love them both. BTW do you know if they still make those nail menders? I had a nail crack way down in the middle ouch and eventually hit it on something and it broke off halfway down my nail! I recall years ago there was a product that was like little cotton fabric strips that you could apply to a crack and then paint over it with a substance and it would seal it long enough to grow out but I haven't seen it lately
Valued Contributor

I went to CVS and asked this same question. The lady said she didn't think those nail menders were even made anymore. I looked online and found this info. I have a split toenail ( big toe ) and this worked well! Put some nail glue on the nail where it is split. I just used Elmer's. Let dry. Cut a small piece of toilet paper 1 ply ( just pulled off my 2 ply to make 1 ply) so it covers the split. Usually I cut just a very small rectangle. Put glue on the reverse side and put it on the nail. Let dry and then cover with a clear top coat of polish. Also could use clear basecoat.

Let dry and then use colored nail polish. Mine looks great and has held for well over a week so far.

On 7/5/2014 Andreatoo said: hey Lola happy 4th! These are my favorite so far! Love them both. BTW do you know if they still make those nail menders? I had a nail crack way down in the middle ouch and eventually hit it on something and it broke off halfway down my nail! I recall years ago there was a product that was like little cotton fabric strips that you could apply to a crack and then paint over it with a substance and it would seal it long enough to grow out but I haven't seen it lately

Honored Contributor

On 7/5/2014 elruth said:
I went to CVS and asked this same question. The lady said she didn't think those nail menders were even made anymore. I looked online and found this info. I have a split toenail ( big toe ) and this worked well! Put some nail glue on the nail where it is split. I just used Elmer's. Let dry. Cut a small piece of toilet paper 1 ply ( just pulled off my 2 ply to make 1 ply) so it covers the split. Usually I cut just a very small rectangle. Put glue on the reverse side and put it on the nail. Let dry and then cover with a clear top coat of polish. Also could use clear basecoat.

Let dry and then use colored nail polish. Mine looks great and has held for well over a week so far.

On 7/5/2014 Andreatoo said: hey Lola happy 4th! These are my favorite so far! Love them both. BTW do you know if they still make those nail menders? I had a nail crack way down in the middle ouch and eventually hit it on something and it broke off halfway down my nail! I recall years ago there was a product that was like little cotton fabric strips that you could apply to a crack and then paint over it with a substance and it would seal it long enough to grow out but I haven't seen it lately

that's a good idea really. I could do the same thing with some first aid guaze. I think it was Revlon that made that product right?I do know that it really worked
Valued Contributor

Super Contributor

On 7/5/2014 Tique said:

Hi Lola. I like both manis but really like the anniversary one. The polish color is beautiful. Thanks for confiding that you take shortcuts sometimes too. Oh I did see your note on last week's thread but I chose not to get a preview and wait until today.

It's about time for me to purchase another bottle of Nailtiques 2 and I am also going to purchase Formula 1 for maintenance. Not sure how I'm going to work the new one into my nail routine; maybe I'll alternate the two. My nails have gotten quite hard and I wish they were a little less. They don't need to bend all the way back - like the Tips lady - but a little flexibility would be good.

How did the polish removal go with last week's glitter mani?

Hi Tique, it's probably good you waited to see the anniversary nails today, or there would have been nothing "new"!

Interesting you find your nails to be too hard with Formula 2. Then you should transition to Formula 1. Whenever I do go to Formula 1, my nails rapidly return to the state that made me use Formula 2 in the first place. I was able to get one problem nail "in shape" with Formula 2-Plus, and then resumed using Formula 2. I've read lots of nail bloggers use Formula 2 "forever", but of course each of us is different. ... Formula 3 is made for hard, brittle nails ... (just to confuse ya' some!)

Since I am running a longevity "test" of the OPI Glitter Off base coat, and since I truly LOVE the glitter gradient pedi from last week, it's still going strong! I will report back when I do remove it. Whenever someone complimented either mani this week, I'd show them my pedi. DH said, "You really like these toes, don't you?"

Thanks, I was truly ashamed of how many shortcuts I took for these two mani's, but I didn't think either one looked the worse for so many polish layers.

Lola