Honored Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

Thanks for posting. I like your nails best. Thanks for always taking the time to show us.

Super Contributor

On 6/29/2014 txrose said: Love the mani it lends it's self to the imagination & mood. The toes reminds me of the desert sunset. Every week you help me to step out & take some me time. Have a great week & safe 4th.

Happy to hear you're pampering yourself a bit more txrose, you deserve it! Hope you enjoy a fun 4th too, and thanks for your comments.

Lola
Super Contributor

On 6/29/2014 annabellethecat said:

Thanks for posting. I like your nails best. Thanks for always taking the time to show us.

Hi annabellethecat, I enjoy sharing my nail art with you, so I'm happy to hear you enjoy seeing it. I'd like to thank you for commenting.

Have a good week!

Lola
Valued Contributor

Hi, Lola,

First my digression...stayed with DH's father, 97, while his 1953 bathroom got a handicapped accessible shower. Massive rain, straight-line winds, etc. A huge limb from a 100 year old maple came down and crushed the plumber's truck!! Then we had to search his files to find his insurance agent's name since he couldn't remember.

So, how nice to come home and have Wi-Fi again. (I forgot my iPad.) Anyway, love the whimsical pedi. The mani is so crisp and summery. I'm going to show it to my professional and ask for a blue and bronze version, with maybe OPI's Catch Me in Your Net on the toes.

Cynthia

Contributor

Lola, Knowning what loose glitter does when let " OUT";{#emotions_dlg.crying} I've stayed away from using loose glitter.For having such a LUV for Glitter Nail Polish; that's the only place I like glitter. The fast drying keeps me from not using any other Nail Polish.----------------"Your only as good as your second serve." said by my ALL Time favorite Tennis Player; John Newcombe.I would go see him play in The US Open at Forest Hills.He had a BIg SERVE & his famous " Buggy Whip" forehand. I haven't been seeing many matches at Wimbledon. But I do try to catch when Nadal is playing. I'm lucky enough to have a Tennis Court at our country home.Haven't the racquets changed thru the years?" Believe It or Not." I miss my wood racquet.{#emotions_dlg.mad} Do U know what your mani & pedi will LQQK like for the Fourth.? What kind of a nail file do U use?My mani & pedi take as long to do as your pedi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

On 6/29/2014 2cockers1cat said:

Hi, Lola,

First my digression...stayed with DH's father, 97, while his 1953 bathroom got a handicapped accessible shower. Massive rain, straight-line winds, etc. A huge limb from a 100 year old maple came down and crushed the plumber's truck!! Then we had to search his files to find his insurance agent's name since he couldn't remember.

So, how nice to come home and have Wi-Fi again. (I forgot my iPad.) Anyway, love the whimsical pedi. The mani is so crisp and summery. I'm going to show it to my professional and ask for a blue and bronze version, with maybe OPI's Catch Me in Your Net on the toes.

Cynthia

How good of you to supervise the bathroom redo for your FIL, and my, what inclement weather! Hope the plumber didn't leave with "Don't call me again" (that happened to me when an electrician came down from the low-clearance attic in a former home he was re-wiring for a ceiling fan, unfortunately, during the summer -- I didn't dare laugh, but he was completely covered in black from head to toe!).

Our next door neighbors were in Iceland last weekend when their house was flooded and we were trying help out by beginning restoration immediately. Had to do an unbelievable amount of "sleuthing" to get a contact phone number for them, find someone who had a garage door opener, find the "hidden" house key, etc. They brought me back a hand-knit, Icelandic wool scarf "thank you" (was a lovely thought, but I'm allergic to wool, and it's SUMMER!!)

Yes, our little conveniences are sorely missed when we don't have them.

Well, do take a picture to show us your pedi next week!

Have a Happy Fourth!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 6/29/2014 matchpoint said:

Lola, Knowning what loose glitter does when let " OUT";{#emotions_dlg.crying} I've stayed away from using loose glitter.For having such a LUV for Glitter Nail Polish; that's the only place I like glitter. The fast drying keeps me from not using any other Nail Polish.----------------"Your only as good as your second serve." said by my ALL Time favorite Tennis Player; John Newcombe.I would go see him play in The US Open at Forest Hills.He had a BIg SERVE & his famous " Buggy Whip" forehand. I haven't been seeing many matches at Wimbledon. But I do try to catch when Nadal is playing. I'm lucky enough to have a Tennis Court at our country home.Haven't the racquets changed thru the years?" Believe It or Not." I miss my wood racquet.{#emotions_dlg.mad} Do U know what your mani & pedi will LQQK like for the Fourth.? What kind of a nail file do U use?My mani & pedi take as long to do as your pedi!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes rackets have changed! (What hasn't though?) I tried a Prince over-sized when they first came out and kept whacking myself in the shin with it on my serve! DH has his old racket (also obsoleted) in the closet and I mentioned recently, it was time for that to go. Pickle Ball has just come to our club, and that might be our speed now ...

Really enjoyed watching the players from the era when we played tennis, Newcomb, BJ King, Laver, let's just say, the pre-grunting days!!! When Venus and Serena came on the scene, I thought they must win in large part just by their intimidating looks.

I should make you wait for next week's NOTW, but this is the mani I plan to do. I will take off the above mani today, put on something appropriate for our anniversary dinner Tues. night, then, another for the 4th. I like a nice mani, but I do not like doing more than one in a week! Since I'm doing a "test" for how long the OPI Glitter-Off base coat lasts, I'll leave it on until it starts to peel or I want something different.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/30vdq49.jpg

Now my surprise element for next week is lost unless I just show you the anniv. mani! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Lola
Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}HAPPY ANNIVERSARY{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Your DH sounds like me. After matches at Forest Hills the players would walk around. My covers on my Tennis Racquets have auto-graphs of many players.One time I walked; or he walked straight into me.At first I didn't know who he was. But his name came to me & I asked him for his autograph; Bruce Jenner.---- No, I don't watch their show.----------That's the purrr-fect mani for the FOURTH of JULY.No glitter.{#emotions_dlg.sad} But it's definitely gorgeous. Is the "OPI Glitter OfF" going to peel off? Puh-leeze let me know if U like it?Do U give DH mani's & pedi's?I don't.I would LUV to see your Anniversary Mani next week.------

Valued Contributor

Love both!!! Hope you are having a great day!

No thought is worth thinking.....
Not applicable

On 6/28/2014 Cat From TN said:

PRETTY!!! plr

Agreed. Really beautiful. Smiley Very Happy