Super Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

On 3/23/2014 willdob3 said:

This is beautiful, Lola! I can also see this as a sophisticated holiday look.

I love the photo, too. Sounds like the garden tour was great. I love visiting gardens like that.

Hi there, wildob3, I'm glad you like this one, and can envision even more variations.

I wasn't expecting as much difference between an AZ Botanic Garden and the one we have here in NM, but theirs was devoted exclusively to cacti. It was nice to see how pleasing such a garden could still be (to a traditional, formal garden-lover like me).

We also toured the Wrigley Mansion which was situated on a hillside with a "to die for view" of the Valley of the Sun, and had a lovely lunch in the dining room. Both, new experiences for us after probably 30 visits there.

Lola
Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 3/23/2014 Tique said:

Hi Lola. I have been enjoying and learning from your threads for a couple of months. I have recently been using some of the products that you recommended and my nails are looking better than they have in over five years. I'm also stepping out of the box using colors that I wouldn't have in the past. Thank you. Looking forward to continuing to enjoy your creativity.

Hi Tique, and welcome! I'm so pleased to hear you're having success with the products that have worked for me and are happy with your nails! It's a small thing, but doesn't it put a bright spot in your day, whenever you look down and see your hands looking good? I'll start showing you all Spring mani's as of the next NOTW.

Good Morning Lola. Thanks for the welcome. Yes, it is a small thing that makes my day brighter. The way this thing works for me is the better the condition of my hands, the stronger my resolve that they will remain that way. So after exfoliating my face, I use the remaining product on my hands and also keep them moisturized with one of my favorite hand creams. I'm still wearing gloves most of the time but can't wait until the weather catches up with the calendar and I can toss those gloves and really start wearing my rings and bracelets and showing off my newly beautiful nails.

See you next weekend.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Hi Lola, I missed you last week and hope you had a nice get-a-way.

I love this week's offering. I've worn a lot of (different) gray or greige polish this fall and winter. The stamping is lovely. I'm amazed how perfect your French tip is. Whenever I tried nail tape I had seepage.

Super Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Tique said:
On 3/23/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 3/23/2014 Tique said:

Hi Lola. I have been enjoying and learning from your threads for a couple of months. I have recently been using some of the products that you recommended and my nails are looking better than they have in over five years. I'm also stepping out of the box using colors that I wouldn't have in the past. Thank you. Looking forward to continuing to enjoy your creativity.

Hi Tique, and welcome! I'm so pleased to hear you're having success with the products that have worked for me and are happy with your nails! It's a small thing, but doesn't it put a bright spot in your day, whenever you look down and see your hands looking good? I'll start showing you all Spring mani's as of the next NOTW.

Good Morning Lola. Thanks for the welcome. Yes, it is a small thing that makes my day brighter. The way this thing works for me is the better the condition of my hands, the stronger my resolve that they will remain that way. So after exfoliating my face, I use the remaining product on my hands and also keep them moisturized with one of my favorite hand creams. I'm still wearing gloves most of the time but can't wait until the weather catches up with the calendar and I can toss those gloves and really start wearing my rings and bracelets and showing off my newly beautiful nails.

See you next weekend.

Oh, excellent tip, Tique! I also always apply remaining facial product to my hands, especially Paula's Choice BHA9; also used to apply Retin-A, but for some reason got away from that.

You'll be ready for no-gloves-Spring weather for sure! Enjoy and admire, but not while you're driving! LOL.

Lola
Super Contributor

On 3/24/2014 lulu2 said:

I love this week's offering. I've worn a lot of (different) gray or greige polish this fall and winter. The stamping is lovely. I'm amazed how perfect your French tip is. Whenever I tried nail tape I had seepage.

Hi lulu, thanks, we did enjoy ourselves (too much, 3 lbs. in my case {#emotions_dlg.crying}), and some pricey shopping, but hey, there were no shipping charges!

I enjoy the gray polishes too, but I don't see too many people (other than the afore mentioned Lady Gaga cover) wearing it. I've tried the "French Guides" and they were a mess (both times, years apart, that I bought them). What works best for me is plain ol' Scotch Tape (the frosted kind). You can really see any gaps, and just lift and reposition it and smooth down the painted edge until it's adhered. I remove it immediately after painting, and voila! no bleeding. Let me know if you try it.

Lola
Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 3/24/2014 lulu2 said:

Hi lulu, thanks, we did enjoy ourselves (too much, 3 lbs. in my case {#emotions_dlg.crying}), and some pricey shopping, but hey, there were no shipping charges!

I enjoy the gray polishes too, but I don't see too many people (other than the afore mentioned Lady Gaga cover) wearing it. I've tried the "French Guides" and they were a mess (both times, years apart, that I bought them). What works best for me is plain ol' Scotch Tape (the frosted kind). You can really see any gaps, and just lift and reposition it and smooth down the painted edge until it's adhered. I remove it immediately after painting, and voila! no bleeding. Let me know if you try it.

Hi Lola. Me again. Didn't mean to monopolize this week's thread but...I recently ordered this Orly French Manicure Kit and when I looked at the instructions, I felt more than a little intimidated about using the "French Guides". After reading your tip to Lulu, I tried your Scotch tape method; it couldn't have worked better. My white tips look so good, I am going to order a second kit as a backup. Thanks!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.