Super Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

On 8/2/2014 DREAMON said:

just bee,

Well I guess we can assume Dawn will kill weeds if it killed linoleum{#emotions_dlg.scared}

We have seafood a few times a week living here on the ocean. It never gets old. I hope you and Lola enjoyed your dinner.

Smile Have a great week girls!

LOL about the Dawn, DREAMON! We love seafood too and almost always order the seafood or shellfish when we eat out, and I like to prepare it at home too. As just bee already told you, we're just starting to think about cooking dinner now. Just finished my mani / pedi though and now I'm not in a cookin' mood. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

You have a great week too!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 8/2/2014 just bee said:

just bee,

Well I guess we can assume Dawn will kill weeds if it killed linoleum{#emotions_dlg.scared}

We have seafood a few times a week living here on the ocean. It never gets old. I hope you and Lola enjoyed your dinner.

Still early here in the high desert so dinner hasn't yet been consumed. I went to the market and saw those skinny crab legs and passed them up for Italian sausage and bell peppers in every color. Another dish that might be served up in Jersey! Wink

I bought the red, yellow and orange peppers this week too!

Lola
Honored Contributor

On 8/2/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

just bee,

Still early here in the high desert so dinner hasn't yet been consumed. I went to the market and saw those skinny crab legs and passed them up for Italian sausage and bell peppers in every color. Another dish that might be served up in Jersey! Wink

And green! They looked pretty good -- I couldn't resist. I take my sausage and peppers straight -- no onions.

Maybe you should take your new mani out to dinner tonight! Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

I love coppery/rose gold polishes. The glitter accents complement the color perfectly. Love it.
Super Contributor

On 8/2/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

just bee,

And green! They looked pretty good -- I couldn't resist. I take my sausage and peppers straight -- no onions.

Maybe you should take your new mani out to dinner tonight! Wink

Too tired to cook, too lazy to put on makeup to go out ... Lean Cuisine, all 'round.

I looked up a recipe for sausage & peppers (which did call for onions) and it looked good. Can you believe, that is not in my repertoire? So, I'll probably try that soon.

Lola
Super Contributor

On 8/2/2014 StuffyBug said: I love coppery/rose gold polishes. The glitter accents complement the color perfectly. Love it.

Hi StuffyBug, I'm glad you like this too. I'm surprised how many times this week I thought, "That's really pretty!"

Lola
Super Contributor

Good morning Lola,

Beautiful color. Reminds me of my copper kitchen squares. The tips look like python markings { I like snakes}. No food identification lol, but I did buy Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bars on sale. Have only eaten 1.

My poor nails are suffering from the intense nail biting last Saturday night on the phone with my girlfriend {#emotions_dlg.w00t}. They need to be hidden under gloves. What's so pathetic [hence my nic] is that I have so many beautiful nail polishes in glosses, metallics, textures, mattes, suedes, etc. Back in the 70's I had nice nails & would polish them a couple of times a week.

Weather here is fall like. So comfortable & I can take a deep, fresh, breath. Rain is coming. Love T-storms as long as my trees stay standing.

Have a great week Lola.

Super Contributor

Hi Lola,

Love the mani! I think I have a an EL shade that looks very close to that one. I haven't been around and don't think I saw any posts from you when I was, so I hope all is well with you.

I've been wanting to try out my new image plates, but due to lack of time I haven't been taking proper care of my nails which led to breakage that led to some biting. so, they're a mess but I am going to get back on track on next weekend.

We've been having a lot of rain, but I won't complain about it because I'm stuck in the house catching up anyway.

Look forward to seeing your next nail design for inspiration.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 8/3/2014 patheticcosmetics said:

Good morning Lola,

Beautiful color. Reminds me of my copper kitchen squares. The tips look like python markings { I like snakes}. No food identification lol, but I did buy Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bars on sale. Have only eaten 1.

My poor nails are suffering from the intense nail biting last Saturday night on the phone with my girlfriend {#emotions_dlg.w00t}. They need to be hidden under gloves. What's so pathetic [hence my nic] is that I have so many beautiful nail polishes in glosses, metallics, textures, mattes, suedes, etc. Back in the 70's I had nice nails & would polish them a couple of times a week.

Weather here is fall like. So comfortable & I can take a deep, fresh, breath. Rain is coming. Love T-storms as long as my trees stay standing.

Have a great week Lola.

Good morning, patheticcosmetics. I would be impressed with your will power re: ice cream bars, but I've only eaten one of my Magnum Chocolate Raspberry bars too. Must mean summer is coming to a close when such treats are languishing in the freezer?

I can remember when I would bite my nails sometimes during a scary movie and how sore they would be. I hope yours are growing out since in the colder months growth does seem to slow down. Having all the pretty polishes I'd like to try is what keeps me on track with my nail care -- so I'll have something to paint.

Glad you're having pleasant cooler weather too. DH said Albuquerque made the National evening news about the deluge we had Thursday evening, and resulting flooding in some parts of town. Often what rain we get comes in a torrent and doesn't have a chance to soak in, when we need every drop!

I hope you have a great week too!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 8/3/2014 SilentDance said:

Hi Lola,

Love the mani! I think I have a an EL shade that looks very close to that one. I haven't been around and don't think I saw any posts from you when I was, so I hope all is well with you.

I've been wanting to try out my new image plates, but due to lack of time I haven't been taking proper care of my nails which led to breakage that led to some biting. so, they're a mess but I am going to get back on track on next weekend.

We've been having a lot of rain, but I won't complain about it because I'm stuck in the house catching up anyway.

Look forward to seeing your next nail design for inspiration.

Smiley Happy

Hi SilentDance, thanks, I've been fine; I've missed you too. I skipped NOTW once, two weeks ago, and you know how fast threads slip into history on this board. I told a friend, I seem to have had a "glitter summer" with little to no stamping, so yesterday, I stamped a silver zig-zag from MoYou Sailor 05 over Essie Turquoise and Caicos on my toes and it looks quite pretty and reminds me of the ocean.

Years ago, I bought MAC "Metalist", hoping it would look like this newer Essie "Penny Talk" but it was much too thin and never reached opacity, no matter how many coats I applied. This one covers quite well in one coat. I like all of the Essie Metallics.

I'll wish for you the same rapid nail recovery as I did patheticcosmetics, but for you so you can start trying out your pretty stamping designs.

Have a nice catch-up weekend. Feels good when you've made your way through your list, doesn't it?

Lola