Super Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

On 7/26/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Beautiful!! I'm still struggling with just trying to use my left hand to apply 1 color on my right hand. Very frustrating. Maybe I could get away with doing my left hand "decorated" & just have my right hand plain.

Hi VCamp, I think I'm fairly lucky to be semi-ambidextrous, yet the photo of my mani's I usually show to you is my dominant hand. One tip I've read that might help you with polish application is to rest your non-dominant hand on a slightly raised surface when applying polish to your dominant hand. This will steady it. You could also try just moving the dominant hand's nail rather than the polish brush. When I was doing a friend's nails recently, I was very surprised how difficult it was for me to polish her nails, even with my dominant hand, because of the unfamiliar angle; something I'd have to practice more to get comfortable with it.

You know, your idea of only doing nail art on one hand could be "your style" of nail art -- art is "art"!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 7/26/2014 snickster said:

Nice, as always. I do enjoy your mani's. Wish I had the talent and steady hand to do my own.

Thank you, snickster. I haven't been in a nail salon in awhile, but I would imagine nail art is expanding beyond "you want a flower?" there too. Also the nail wrap polish strips are an easy way to apply pretty, long-lasting designs too. In any case, I'm glad to know you enjoy looking at my efforts.

Lola
Honored Contributor

I told the cashier at the Walmart about you. She said she was going to go on line and check you out.

I told her how amazing your nails look. She had some interesting one's too. I don't know how she hit the keys.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post. I enjoy watching your pictures. I have regular length.

Super Contributor

On 7/26/2014 Meeras said:

i love it..

Hi there, Meeras, thank you!

You're both Texans, do you know txrose? LOL.

Lola
Honored Contributor

What a pretty look!

I like the subtle colors & the flip flop of which color is on the tips. I like the subtle glitter much more than the bold kind.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

On 7/26/2014 annabellethecat said:

I told the cashier at the Walmart about you. She said she was going to go on line and check you out.

I told her how amazing your nails look. She had some interesting one's too. I don't know how she hit the keys.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post. I enjoy watching your pictures. I have regular length.

LOL, annabellethecat! You know, I see nail art on all ages and all lengths of nails, but I would say most are trending to a shorter length now. When I had acrylics they were long, but my natural nails are probably the longest now I've ever worn them, and I don't go longer than this.

Waving "Hi" to annabelle's cashier!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Lola
Super Contributor

On 7/26/2014 willdob3 said:

What a pretty look!

I like the subtle colors & the flip flop of which color is on the tips. I like the subtle glitter much more than the bold kind.

Hi willdob3, I guess that's why Katey Perry's a nail polish trend-setter as well as pop diva, I like it too, although I have yet to download one of her songs. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I'm a little bit proud I thought of this color arrangement myself -- I haven't seen anyone else do exactly this before.

Lola
Super Contributor

Hi Lola,

Since I'm hot today my first reaction was ooh, so cool & refreshing looking. Then, Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bar [don't ask] & a Victorian Christmas ornament.

Very pretty, delicate, & dressy.

Super Contributor

On 7/26/2014 patheticcosmetics said:

Hi Lola,

Since I'm hot today my first reaction was ooh, so cool & refreshing looking. Then, Good Humor Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bar [don't ask] & a Victorian Christmas ornament.

Very pretty, delicate, & dressy.

Hi patheticcosmetics, mmm ... haven't had a Strawberry Shortcake bar, but I'm for sure single-handedly increasing the quarterly profits of the Magnum Chocolate Raspberry ice cream bars! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Thanks for stopping by to comment!

Lola
Regular Contributor

I noticed you were not here what seemed like a long time (sorry I didnt post a message) but I do love to look you up weekly. I love your mani's and this one is as equally pretty as the rest. Its such a beautiful subtle look and I thank you for sharing your tips and your mani's with us!!