Super Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

On 7/12/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

Your nails are lovely. Sometimes it's nice to dress up the nails without making it really fancy, but not too plain either. Smile

Thanks, NC Bandwagon. I think I'm too far gone to do "plain" nails anymore, but I do know to never say "never"...

And thanks for returning to comment again this week.

Lola
Super Contributor

Hi Lola,

Copper penny tips. Love the color. Would look fabulous with cobalt blue, then you'd match my kitchen .

My remark about my home- unrelenting negative circumstances. Couldn't print the word I wanted.

Johnny - I joke with a woman who works at the downtown Goodwill joke about Johnny & people who don't know our history look askew at us when we are talking. She got to see Johnny years ago [lucky her]. Right after my sons & I got back from Italy, I found out Johnny was filming in Venice. I like to think he followed in some of my footsteps. He would walk the alleyways at 2, 3 am & that's what my sons did. I have a couple of oil paintings my son has done that I would love signed by Johnny. One is my favorite images from Pirates 1 & the second is on the back of my portrait [a vampire], as Sweeny Todd. The canvas is muslin cloth & it is rippled & old looking. My son hates it, but I love the look, it's what I commissioned & it fits the themes.

Humidity has dropped & I am lifted {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

Have a great weekend Lola.

Valued Contributor

Coppery nails and cocktails! This is one made with Campari, an Italian aperitif, infused with quinine. Monks administered it as a malaria treatment. This one is Negroni, made w/ Campari, gin and sweet vermouth.

Negroni Cocktail

Cynthia

Honored Contributor

Hi Lola. Great choice this week. I like that you mix it up even though your preference tends to be more elaborate than simple. I will try my own version of this mani.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor

On 7/12/2014 patheticcosmetics said:

Hi Lola,

Copper penny tips. Love the color. Would look fabulous with cobalt blue, then you'd match my kitchen .

My remark about my home- unrelenting negative circumstances. Couldn't print the word I wanted.

Johnny - I joke with a woman who works at the downtown Goodwill joke about Johnny & people who don't know our history look askew at us when we are talking. She got to see Johnny years ago [lucky her]. Right after my sons & I got back from Italy, I found out Johnny was filming in Venice. I like to think he followed in some of my footsteps. He would walk the alleyways at 2, 3 am & that's what my sons did. I have a couple of oil paintings my son has done that I would love signed by Johnny. One is my favorite images from Pirates 1 & the second is on the back of my portrait [a vampire], as Sweeny Todd. The canvas is muslin cloth & it is rippled & old looking. My son hates it, but I love the look, it's what I commissioned & it fits the themes.

Ah, a copper & cobalt kitchen motif, patheticcosmetics? Sounds vibrant and cheerful! I just stepped away from the computer to make Crab Rangoons for my lunch. Yum!!

So your DS does portraits? Very difficult, IMHO. You know, I would think perhaps he could contact Johnny through his management company or social media, send a picture of the painting, and maybe, just maybe, get the portrait autographed? It would be a risk to send it to him, but you never know, perhaps paths might cross one day.

The Venice film was maybe "The Tourist" with Angelina? I saw "Third Person" yesterday, despite poor reviews, simply because it was set it Paris & Rome and I liked most of the cast. We OWN a copy of "Sweeny Todd", I love it so much!

Sorry about your housing situation. Doesn't sound like a happy story.

Enjoy your lower humidity!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 7/12/2014 2cockers1cat said:

Coppery nails and cocktails! This is one made with Campari, an Italian aperitif, infused with quinine. Monks administered it as a malaria treatment. This one is Negroni, made w/ Campari, gin and sweet vermouth.

Negroni Cocktail

Cynthia

Campari is so "European", and I've honestly tried to like it, but it's just too bitter for me. I like the patio logo umbrellas, the bottle label, everything but the taste! Now, for medicinal purposes, maybe ...

Lola
Super Contributor

On 7/12/2014 Tique said:

Hi Lola. Great choice this week. I like that you mix it up even though your preference tends to be more elaborate than simple. I will try my own version of this mani.

Oh, I'm always pleased when someone wants to do their own version of my NOTW, Tique! Now, that's a conversation! Let me know what you do and how you like it, OK?

Lola
Honored Contributor

Lola, I too am loving the copper tip. I always go for silver and gold but the copper looks so pretty with pink. I am going to have this done on my nails this summer for sure.

You can have some of our humidity......it rarely gets below about 70% humidity in the Summer here on the water. I just look in the mirror at my hair and that tells me what the humidity level is that day. SCARY!!!!

Valued Contributor

On 7/12/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 7/12/2014 2cockers1cat said:

Negroni Cocktail

Cynthia

Campari is so "European", and I've honestly tried to like it, but it's just too bitter for me. I like the patio logo umbrellas, the bottle label, everything but the taste! Now, for medicinal purposes, maybe ...

LOL...when we are at a social event, I usually order a scotch or Campari because I can spend the entire evening with a full glass!! I do like Campari (my father's parents came from Italy), esp with tonic and a slice of lime. Really bitter.

Super Contributor

On 7/12/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 7/12/2014 patheticcosmetics said:

Hi Lola,

Ah, a copper & cobalt kitchen motif, patheticcosmetics? Sounds vibrant and cheerful! I just stepped away from the computer to make Crab Rangoons for my lunch. Yum!!

So your DS does portraits? Very difficult, IMHO. You know, I would think perhaps he could contact Johnny through his management company or social media, send a picture of the painting, and maybe, just maybe, get the portrait autographed? It would be a risk to send it to him, but you never know, perhaps paths might cross one day.

The Venice film was maybe "The Tourist" with Angelina? I saw "Third Person" yesterday, despite poor reviews, simply because it was set it Paris & Rome and I liked most of the cast. We OWN a copy of "Sweeny Todd", I love it so much!

Sorry about your housing situation. Doesn't sound like a happy story.

Enjoy your lower humidity!

Mmmm, I just had crab rangoons last night. Leftover Chinese food from my daughter.

Yes, my son finds portrait painting harder to do. My "self-portrait" is from a Halloween picture when I was a prime 35 {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}. I am sitting in my peacock chair in vampire makeup, dress, cat at my feet [didn't know she was there], & my King Cobra snake statue. My son changed the background to me sitting in a castle near a window with a full moon & my cat eating something at my feet. On the flip side is Johnny from the cover of Sweeny Todd, DVD, [ I close my eyes & mute the music once the killing starts]. The colors are black, red, white, gold [I'm wearing a Pirates 1 medallion]. I love your idea to try & contact Johnny. When my son & I saw Donna Summer I tried to get him to ask the roadies if Donna would like to meet one of the artists who painted the green room she stayed in. No go {#emotions_dlg.sad}. He doesn't show off his talent. Yes, the movie was The Tourist. I enjoy The Lone Ranger more than the critics did.

Since you suggested we paint our nails, I did a manicure this morning. I'm wearing Sinful Colors in Nail Junkie. A sheer teal based sparkle color. Very pretty & my nails don't look too bad.