Super Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

On 7/6/2014 littleblueparakeet said:

How did I know you were going to do an American flag manicure for the 4th? I must be psychic. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I can't tell if you're kidding, littleblueparakeet, but I did show a preview pic of the flag mani on last week's NOTW. If you missed it then, then I guess you're psychic. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Lola
Super Contributor

On 7/6/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

How did I know you were going to do an American flag manicure for the 4th? I must be psychic. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I can't tell if you're kidding, littleblueparakeet, but I did show a preview pic of the flag mani on last week's NOTW. If you missed it then, then I guess you're psychic. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Color me psychic then! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

ETA: you did a great job with both manis in your OP.

Super Contributor

Thanks! Now, how should I choose my next lottery numbers? {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Lola
Super Contributor

Thanks! Now, how should I choose my next lottery numbers? {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Just pick random #s...evens, odds, highs, lows; mix it up a bit. Oh, and if you win (and you will because I predict you will lol), make sure to share your winnings with me. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 7/7/2014 littleblueparakeet said:

Just pick random #s...evens, odds, highs, lows; mix it up a bit. Oh, and if you win (and you will because I predict you will lol), make sure to share your winnings with me. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I'll need specific numbers if we're gonna split the winnings! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Lola
Super Contributor

Hi Lola,

No, I've never met Geena Davis. It was a few years ago I learned she was from Wareham. So I like to think that on my many visits to the Cape, she might have been walking along a sidewalk in Wareham.

I liked Kris Kristofferson in the movies Blade & Blade II. I know a man who looks very like him. I've met the First Lady, shook her hand & made her laugh. Still waiting for Johnny Depp, Frank Langella, Hugh Jackman, etc {#emotions_dlg.blush}.

Hall & Oates had a few hits. Always loved Maneater. Had a blind date who said I should have brought a whip and a chair. As if, I save my whips for the worthy {#emotions_dlg.devil2}.

My black cat is 11 years old & my 16 grandson named her after the cat in a cartoon called Honey Honey [cat was white]. He liked the name Lily so I said he could name my kitten & he did. I also call her Lilith which is a much more fitting name. He also gave me my nic patheticcosmetics & now he's given me a DJ name which combines part of my first & last name -Chell Choq.

My girlfriend had severe flooding in her cellar & vandalism to her locks on the outside doors, so her trip was cancelled {#emotions_dlg.sad}. Hope she can visit before I lose my home.

Hope you had a great weekend. Weather here is sooo hot & HUMID {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}.

Super Contributor

On 7/9/2014 patheticcosmetics said:

Hi Lola,

No, I've never met Geena Davis. It was a few years ago I learned she was from Wareham. So I like to think that on my many visits to the Cape, she might have been walking along a sidewalk in Wareham.

I liked Kris Kristofferson in the movies Blade & Blade II. I know a man who looks very like him. I've met the First Lady, shook her hand & made her laugh. Still waiting for Johnny Depp, Frank Langella, Hugh Jackman, etc {#emotions_dlg.blush}.

Hall & Oates had a few hits. Always loved Maneater. Had a blind date who said I should have brought a whip and a chair. As if, I save my whips for the worthy {#emotions_dlg.devil2}.

My black cat is 11 years old & my 16 grandson named her after the cat in a cartoon called Honey Honey [cat was white]. He liked the name Lily so I said he could name my kitten & he did. I also call her Lilith which is a much more fitting name. He also gave me my nic patheticcosmetics & now he's given me a DJ name which combines part of my first & last name -Chell Choq.

My girlfriend had severe flooding in her cellar & vandalism to her locks on the outside doors, so her trip was cancelled {#emotions_dlg.sad}. Hope she can visit before I lose my home.

Hope you had a great weekend. Weather here is sooo hot & HUMID {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}.

Oh, so sorry your friend couldn't make the trip, patheticcosmetics, (some of the "joys" of homeownership can be so demanding!) -- maybe you can reschedule. But "before I lose my home"? Hope that's by choice, not circumstance!

Your DGS is clever with names, isn't he? I had wondered how you chose "patheticcosmetics". You must be great fun, only person I "know" with a DJ name. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I get a good "picture" of your kitty if she's named "Lilith" (thinking of BeBe Neuwirth from "Fraiser"?).

We've been having a super-good first week of monsoon season here -- more than an inch at our house (I just got a new rain gauge!) (but they measure official rainfall at the airport, where it seems to rain much less, if at all). Our annual average here is 8 inches, and we've been in a 5-year drought and receiving much less, so we're actually happy when it rains here. Even better, our roof hasn't leaked!! (You see, living here, when the roof leaks, you have it repaired, and you have to wait a year to see if they "got it", and historically, it never has really been leak-free.) Another one of those "joys" of homeownership. Well, now the underscore won't go away no matter what I do!!

Do something fun anyway this week!

ETA: "Still waiting for Johnny Depp, Frank Langella, Hugh Jackman, etc" -- they're on my list too! Johnny Depp was here in NM filming "The Lone Ranger" a couple of years ago, and DH even suggested we might hit some local night spots to hope to see him (but we didn't).

Lola
Honored Contributor

oh no! it's contagious!!!

Just kidding

Super Contributor

On 7/9/2014 Andreatoo said:

oh no! it's contagious!!!

Just kidding Wink

Made me LOL, Andreatoo, thanks! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Lola