Super Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Fall Edition, Nail of The Week!)

On 9/22/2014 SJanielovesJim said:

Hi Lola! So nice to have you back- you were missed!

The way you did this one is so creative- I love your inspiration, and it really came out great!

Hi Janie, I missed your sunny self too!

Thanks; I find nail art much more interesting when I have an inspiration, vs. trying to duplicate someone else's design. Doesn't happen very often, so it was fun!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 9/22/2014 JoEllad said:
On 9/21/2014 littleblueparakeet said:

Lola, I absolutely love what you did with your nails this week and I have to ask: are you a professional manicurist? If not, you should be. Your nails are like a work of art.

This week I am sporting Revlon Color Stay Gel Envy Nail Color in "Up the Ante" on my finger and toe nails. Sometimes a girl's gotta match. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

@Littleblueparakeet how do you like the application of this product? I bought several but haven't tried it yet. I have heard it is a tricky little bugger and you have to be careful in direct light.

@Lola, I know the gang sure missed you! Welcome back!

Welcome to NOTW, JoEllad! Thanks, I'm glad you stopped by. Hope littleblueparakeet comes back to answer your question. I don't have any experience with that polish.

Lola
Super Contributor

On 9/22/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 9/22/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 9/21/2014 Andreatoo said: update: my boyfriend is literally begging me to change my nail polish! Lol yes it is a very ugly color but I was going to see if it wears well....I do like the no harmful ingredient aspect but the price is a little ridiculous....

I think you've got a treasure there, Andreatoo -- any man who notices your nail polish is noticing you, which I'd consider a good thing. You mentioned in your previous post that you weren't too keen on the color yourself, so maybe a color change is in order.

Another objection I have to the Julep concept is I do not need them sending me colors I did not personally choose. I have a LOT of polish already and I don't need colors I didn't "HAVE to have".

Have you ever noticed, not all colors within the same brand wear the same? I have formed opinions about a brand's wear though, and find that it holds true, in general, across the line's colors. If I were you, I'd just put on another coat over the Julep of a color you and your BF both like and call it a day. Smiley Happy

I was giving it a shot to see how it wore but this morning every finger on my right hand and one finger on my left hand were already chipped! not very good for $14 a bottle! I'm certainly glad I did not pay for this one . I've yet to notice a difference within colors of the same line, I haven't been doing this long enough, but I did have that experience with a different line within the same brand

Sorry about the chips, but it's not just you. When you look at Julep reviews, that's the typical complaint. Wow, $14, is it that much?? (I've never bought it myself). Oh well, moving on ..., right?

Lola
Super Contributor

On 9/23/2014 just bee said:
On 9/21/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 9/20/2014 just bee said:

As usual, Albuquerque's out of the loop. I'm sad to see the rain go, aren't you? Think we'll get heavy snow this winter? <em>It's starting to look a lot like autumn out there...</em>

But enough about the weather. I think this mani is exceptional! You were missed -- and this is a great comeback. A pair of jeans, a black turtleneck, a pair of black boots, and some bold silver pieces... yowza!

Hi just bee! I'm not greedy, I know this year's monsoon season was one of the best in decades, so I'll just go with the seasons and say it was wonderful. Can't believe we have such a strong breeze today -- usually September days are so crystaline-still and warm.

I read on another thread that you'll be pursuing your BSN -- you go, girl! I agree with many things you wrote -- I sometimes wonder who exactly, is designated to actually care for and listen to in-patients, with the career path dictated by health care administrators. Every RN I've known has gone on for advanced degrees, only to leave patient care behind.

Just got the thumbs-up from HR, so that means I start classes on Monday. I are a stoodent! I read the article you posted on Viewpoints: No truer words! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You'll have an even "fuller plate", just bee! Do you get reduced work hours when you have classes? Hope you find every minute to be a joy! (And I hope you still find some time to hang out here on BB!)

Lola
Honored Contributor

Yeah! So happy to see this today.

This mani is fantastic and perfect as usual. I love the way just bee explained how she would wear it...I can picture the exact same.

It is cool here but expected to be in the mid 80's this weekend.

I sure do miss your NOTW's. I can't tell you how many times you have inspired me to go with a different shade and try a pedi or mani on my own. Thank you for sharing your talent here on the boards. Guess what? I now want a purplish/bluish mani this week

Super Contributor

On 9/23/2014 DREAMON said:

Yeah! So happy to see this today.

This mani is fantastic and perfect as usual. I love the way just bee explained how she would wear it...I can picture the exact same.

It is cool here but expected to be in the mid 80's this weekend.

I sure do miss your NOTW's. I can't tell you how many times you have inspired me to go with a different shade and try a pedi or mani on my own. Thank you for sharing your talent here on the boards. Guess what? I now want a purplish/bluish mani this week{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hi DREAMON! So happy to see you today too! Glad you like this one.

LOVE that you are open to trying new nail colors, and perhaps I've inspired you!

Lola
Honored Contributor

On 9/23/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

As usual, Albuquerque's out of the loop. I'm sad to see the rain go, aren't you? Think we'll get heavy snow this winter? <em>It's starting to look a lot like autumn out there...</em>

But enough about the weather. I think this mani is exceptional! You were missed -- and this is a great comeback. A pair of jeans, a black turtleneck, a pair of black boots, and some bold silver pieces... yowza!

Hi just bee! I'm not greedy, I know this year's monsoon season was one of the best in decades, so I'll just go with the seasons and say it was wonderful. Can't believe we have such a strong breeze today -- usually September days are so crystaline-still and warm.

I read on another thread that you'll be pursuing your BSN -- you go, girl! I agree with many things you wrote -- I sometimes wonder who exactly, is designated to actually care for and listen to in-patients, with the career path dictated by health care administrators. Every RN I've known has gone on for advanced degrees, only to leave patient care behind.

Just got the thumbs-up from HR, so that means I start classes on Monday. I are a stoodent! I read the article you posted on Viewpoints: No truer words! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You'll have an even "fuller plate", just bee! Do you get reduced work hours when you have classes? Hope you find every minute to be a joy! (And I hope you still find some time to hang out here on BB!)

Reduced hours? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAH!!!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

On 9/23/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Reduced hours? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAH!!!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Ok, maybe not then? (Did you know the military allows active duty personnel go to university classes during working hours?) Well, you did it once, you can do it again!

Lola