Respected Contributor

@Shanus I agree & also Purity is drying on my skin. I wear sunscreen dailly & I double cleanse my face with an oil cleanser.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@Shanus I agree & also Purity is drying on my skin. I wear sunscreen dailly & I double cleanse my face with an oil cleanser.

@Kabella I found it drying it, too. With the oil cleanser, if it emulsifies with water (after leaving it on your skin and massaging away the makeup/spf) and starts to foam or be milky w/ the water, that's great. Then a second cleanse may not be necessary. It depends how much makeup you were wearing. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: NOT PURITY ALONE

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Kabella wrote:

@Kabella I found it drying it, too. With the oil cleanser, if it emulsifies with water (after leaving it on your skin and massaging away the makeup/spf) and starts to foam or be milky w/ the water, that's great. Then a second cleanse may not be necessary. It depends how much makeup you were wearing. 

I think using a microfiber cloth helps quite a bit at removing stuff from my skin. The nature of microfiber makes it very chummy with pigments (from makeup) and oils especially. But too much use of a microfiber cloth can strip away too much of your natural skin oils and sometimes too much of the skin's mantle so be careful using them. Furthermore, some microfiber cloths are exfoliating and that can be effective but too much of a good thing is not good either.

ETA- Too much "too much" in my post...LOL!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I have posted a number of times that I am not a Purity fan.  I used to think it was the bomb until I got a toner as a free gift and used it after I had cleansed my face with Purity.  I couldn't believe what was left behind. 

Several months ago I began using a cleansing balm followed by my normal cleanser and I also am a toner user.  My cotton ball comes out clean so I can tell there is nothing left on my skin.

@SilleeMee I received the Makeup Eraser in a Boxy Charm and I was hooked.  I honestly thought it was a gimmick and couldn't imagine it would work but a couple of times a week I use that and I am amazed.  I can't use everyday because my skin will start to get dry.   

Regular Contributor

ITA!