Honored Contributor

NORDSTROM SALE BEAUTY=ROSE GOLD

I noticed most of the Nordstrom Beauty Sale packaging and lip shades/eye palettes were rose gold. This reads apricot on me and had to pass on a few I would have purchased.

Any thoughts?

Trusted Contributor

Re: NORDSTROM SALE BEAUTY=ROSE GOLD

I bought the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk lip kit and the packaging is what you describe, although a somewhat strange rose gold.  But I do like the actual lip color.  They describe it as enhancing your natural lip color and that's what it does.  

Trusted Contributor

@Tadaki
I bought the same kit! The PillowTalk lipstick is a little too matte for me, but I love the gloss and the liner. The salesperson told me it was the last kit in the store because the rose gold packaging was so popular!? Really??
@Shanus
I don't like the rose gold eyeshadow palettes either...it's a hard color to wear.
Trusted Contributor

@MarnieRez3 I agree about the lipstick being a little too matte.  I will try it again to see if I just need to get used to the look, but love it with just a touch of the lipgloss.  Not being a fan of lipgloss, I just used a touch on each lip.  It may be that the creaminess of my lipsticks feel better.  Wonder if matte is longer lasting, though.  This did seem to last a long time.    

I can imagine rose gold packaging being popular if it looks good, but sounds like you also think it's just sort of cheap looking.  Wonder if rose gold is "the thing" because I did buy a watch during the sale that is a lovely understated rose gold and I love it.  

Trusted Contributor

@Tadaki 

I agree - The packaging DID look cheap!

The salesperson told me a Pillow Talk lipstick is sold every SIX SECONDS somewhere in the world. I fell for it and bought the kit! lol

Funny you bought a rose gold watch in the sale - I bought (faux) rose gold earrings and a rose gold CZ necklace. 

Super Contributor

I bought the Bobbi Brown kit with a rose gold eyeshadow as one of the colors. The whole kit is beautiful!! Very natural colors. I love it. I bought the one last year as well and those were much darker, smokier shades. This pallette reminds me of a beachy colors. Really nice!!