Respected Contributor

Re: NO VANILLA INGREDIENT IN JOSIES VANILLA BEAN BODY BUTTER!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!

I think the best way a consumer can voice their disapproval is to return the product and don't buy anymore. 

Maybe these companies will take a hint.  

Honored Contributor

I just ADORED her Vanilla Fig and want to find another that I like as well but reading about the change in texture alone makes me hesitant to even try another scent.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I just ADORED her Vanilla Fig and want to find another that I like as well but reading about the change in texture alone makes me hesitant to even try another scent.

@QueenDanceALot Not sure if you are still interested in her Vanilla Fig, but she has a ODO in the Vanilla Fig scent. It’s her body butter and a bottle of her perfume, both in the Van Fig scent (the other choice is the Van Pear).

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@QueenDanceALot Not sure if you are still interested in her Vanilla Fig, but she has a ODO in the Vanilla Fig scent. It’s her body butter and a bottle of her perfume, both in the Van Fig scent (the other choice is the Van Pear).

@AmericanBulldogMom

Thanks so much for letting me know.  I am curious about the perfume now, too.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate,   I know that the vanilla almond has the vanilla in it and the almond.  Could it be that it was, for some reason, placed under fragrance?  I would question it on her website and send an email.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Sunshine Kate,   I know that the vanilla almond has the vanilla in it and the almond.  Could it be that it was, for some reason, placed under fragrance?  I would question it on her website and send an email.

@Katcat1, I do believe that is the case.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I used to work for  cosmetics company and can speak volumes to makeup reformulation, because I was lucky enough to test products when my schedule permitted .... ALL companies do it, not just the low end brands.

BTW ......   if any product is reformulated, and the manufacturers' labels are still in supply, they will "use up" the old labels even though the product has changed.  They will start using the new printed labels when they run out of the old ones.

Trusted Contributor

I noticed the formula changed, too. It's thicker, slightly sticky, and doesn't moisturize nearly as well. I feel I need more on my hands, or another lotion or oil on top. I'm not going to buy it ever again, except older scents on Amazon I know were the original formula.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I confused products, but I thought the Maran Vanilla Bean Body Butter was the one that everyone was raving about.   Did I buy the wrong product?

I just opened mine, and have to say .... what a disappointment.   Nothing special about the formula, and it doesn't really smell like vanilla, IMO.   

Certainly not worth sixty bucks!  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I own the super size of the unscented but I have had the vanilla before and it smelled like vanilla.

During Josie's last visit I ordered a TDO of the vanilla body butter and the face butter.  Both smell like vanilla. The face butter is a much slighter hint of vanilla where the body cream has a heavier vanilla scent but not overwhelming.  It certainly isn't a scent that is going to last all day.