Honored Contributor

I’m very fair, and though I would love to have a little color, my few attempts at self tan we’re not good. I have come to terms with my white legs, it is what it is.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I have very fair skin and never had a desire for tanning products.  Does that make me “comfortable in my own skin”?

I would say so.

Respected Contributor

Well I have a bottle of Mine Tan sitting in my closet which of all of the self tanners, works the best for me. However, I am actually ok with my white skin flaws and all. I will use this bottle eventually but I am not as avid about having color as I used to be. As with the other thread about Smokey Eyes at 70, self tanning at 70 might be another that I am willing to give up. I do like a slight bit of color but it's much less of hassle to accept  the color that I am. 

Honored Contributor

I run so much I don't have time for the constant up keep self tanning takes.  I will tan a little before going to the beach.

The best color for me is San Tropez foam applied in circular motions.  I'm slightly olive and most products turn me orange, but this one is really good.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NO SELF TANNING FOR ME

[ Edited ]

Ladies, try Jergens  Natural Glow.It is a white lotion, no need for gloves,apply it with your  bare hands. It  gives you a nice  mild color. It has no smell ever, and no mess,just put in on like your reg body lotion and fades away like natural color would. No rubbing off on anything,ever.

I am old,wrinkled and very fair and it is just perfect. I have been using it for years  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I don't tan. I have very fair, sensitve skin with allergies and issues. I tried a few brands years ago and it was awful. No more reactions for me. My shorts days are long gone so I'[m fine with looking pale. To each his own. 

Respected Contributor

Another older gal who uses Jergens Glow. This is my second year using this product.

Respected Contributor

I don't "get" self tanner either.  I know no one who cares about tanning, fake or otherwise.  This seems so old-school to me, but, then again, I don't live in a beachy community.  Maybe that is what makes the difference.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I don’t use self-tanner because I always ended up with streaks but occasionally I’ll use a temporary bronzer that washes off in the shower if I’m going out. 

Respected Contributor

Well, my issue is a little different.  I've been an outdoorsy person all my life, and a jogger for the last 35 years.  I do tan easily without burning, but I'm fussy about my face, so I always wear sunscreen makeup when I jog.  I also do a lot of exfoliating on my face, so I wind up with a tan body and a white face and feet......not an attractive look!  So, I use self tanner on those two areas only, and only in the summer (I'm white all over in the winter.)

Laura loves cats!