Valued Contributor

I am an avid self tanner. I start in spring and self tan through out the summer. When I put my shorts and skorts away is when I stop self tanning. I think a tan makes me look younger and healthier. Self tanner hides my varicose veins. I am not orange and contribute my natural looking tan to proper preparation and good products. I also think using good body care products help with an even looking tan when tanning season rolls around. My favorite is Dr. Dennis Gross Glow Pads. 100% natural looking tan. I stock up when they are on sale. Other favorites are Tan Towels and Tan-Luxe. BareMinerals Faux Tan and St. Tropez are also good. I am comfortable in my own skin but enjoy adding some color. Nothing wrong with having fun with some of the great products available on the market. 

Respected Contributor

I don't do a lot of self tanning, I did it for one summer 2 years ago, bought a bottle of self tanner from Nature's Gate. I don't care that my skin is pale, but I got it mainly to help camoflague some of the many spider veins that are increasing on my legs. They are definitely getting worse each year. I just used it on my legs, not all over, and it seemed to help a little.

I bought another last year bottle but didn't use it because I was having a lot of skin irritation. My skin is now back to normal so I will use it this year if it's still good, as long as I have it here. 

Trusted Contributor

I have never used tan nor do I ever tan. I am of Irish/English decent and like Lady Gaga says, "I was born this way." 

Fake tans look fake--be yourself whatever your natural skintone is.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Thank you! Smiley Happy