Valued Contributor

Re: NO OPINIONS ABOUT IT TSV?

[ Edited ]

I think your best value, for something that does not include foundation, are their Holiday Books.  I buy them each year, and they are still going strong.  They usually have a full size blush, bronzer and the powder, with small sizes of the Bye Bye Undereye, The brow power powder and eye shadows. Sadly no brush, but that is alright.  And I also don't like the Superhero.  I do not like any of the IT mascaras except Tightline as a primer. But to those who say this TSV includes their HG's, go buy away and have fun!

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45  I have used the line before; however, I haven't worn makeup for so long (since last March) that when I went on Zoom to attend my granddaughter's Sweet 16 party last weekend I decided to use what I had to "dress up" for the event.  

Afterward, I decided (with the exception of the foundation that was new), to throw away everything else (the mascara was, as was mentioned) horrible and gloppy from lack of use; however, I'm not in the mood to start looking around for an alternative (at least I'm familiar with this line) so I figure I'll use it for awhile (if I have more occasions to wear makeup) and dump it, OR I won't open it up at all and keep the entire kit for future use without opening it up.

A QUESTION:  I have a # of the brushes.  How do I clean them?  I read somewhere to dip the brush in olive OIL but that didn't seem to make sense.  Help needed!!

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda 

i generally use some type of gentle body wash or shampoo. baby shampoo works well. i also have a makeup brush pad that helps with cleaning.

it is a silicone makeup brush pad for cleaning....it can easily be placed in your bathroom sink when needed and can be washed in the dishwasher for sterilizing.

silicone makeup brush cleaner.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45  Great!  I'll order one of those today.  Never saw or heard of that item.   Will it remove all the built-up debris I already have on the brush(s) I own or should I use it for new brushes after each use and use the baby shampoo for the older brushes??

Again, Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@sunshine45  Great!  I'll order one of those today.  Never saw or heard of that item.   Will it remove all the built-up debris I already have on the brush(s) I own or should I use it for new brushes after each use and use the baby shampoo for the older brushes??

Again, Thanks!!

@pdlinda 

you are welcome. Smiley Happy

it cannot hurt to try it on the older brushes, but it may be time to break out some of your newer ones, especially if you have a stash.

just google silicone makeup brush cleaner and you will find lots of places to purchase them, including places like sephora, ulta, amazon, etsy, and walmart.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

You may have to wash them more than once to get brushes with more product on them clean. There are also several YouTube videos that detail techniques for washing brushes. Zabrena has a good one that shows drying them facing down on a rolled up towel. Why didn’t I think of that?
Respected Contributor

@pdlinda, I wash my brushes with Dawn. Plain and simple. I work the detergent through with my fingers. For foundation it takes at least a second round of cleaning. Blush and eyeshadow brushes clean easily. I blot with paper towel then lay flat. Rotating after a few hours. Perhaps I'm just at a place where I think buying special cleansers and gadgets is just another way to have me make a purchase for more stuff. 

Honored Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

I think your best value, for something that does not include foundation, are their Holiday Books.  I buy them each year, and they are still going strong.  They usually have a full size blush, bronzer and the powder, with small sizes of the Bye Bye Undereye, The brow power powder and eye shadows. Sadly no brush, but that is alright.  And I also don't like the Superhero.  I do not like any of the IT mascaras except Tightline as a primer. But to those who say this TSV includes their HG's, go buy away and have fun!

I have two of those Holiday Books and love them, mostly for travel.  I didn't buy one this year since I already have two and mostly barely used.  I do use the Bye Bye Pores every week when I do my church makeup.  Currently, that's the only time I ever even wear any.

Honored Contributor

Make-up isn't even on my radar.  I haven't worn a bit in the past 13 months and don't expect to for quite some time.  I just slap on a mask and I'm good to go.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

I love that!  Where did you buy it?

I clean my makeup brushes in the sink with shampoo.  Rinse a few times and lay them out on a towel to dry.  Don't do it as often as I should.