Respected Contributor

Re: NO MORE PHILOSOPHY FOR ME, NO SCENT, JUST PLAIN WATER, COME ON QVC AND PHILOSOPHY

I don't want to take this thread off topic, but I do want to thank everyone for sharing their opinions and experiences with Philosophy.  Y'all have saved me $160 plus tax and, likely, equally as much aggravation.

Since I watched the presentation a few nights ago, I have been tempted to order Item A294832, Philosophy mega size 8oz microdelivery Vitamin C peel.  A few bad reviews complaining of defective product slowed me down and now this thread has stopped me in my tracks.  

This thread reminded me of a chemist with a worldwide 'soap company' based in Southwestern Ohio that I know.  She told me that their tactic is to first establish a loyal fan base for new products.  After that, they slowly start watering down, cutting cost.  So there is fact to support your thinking "it's not what it used to be."  I must say the hard sell by the vendors and QVC hosts, knowing full well that efficacy has been diluted, speaks volumes.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Contributor

Re: NO MORE PHILOSOPHY FOR ME, NO SCENT, JUST PLAIN WATER, COME ON QVC AND PHILOSOPHY

I’m done too. I was excited to try Living Grace but I can barely even smell it.
Trusted Contributor

@tropics21  I hear you .   I have long thought philosopphy was way overpriced junk. It is all about the hype. 

I have only used 1 product ever I thought was worthwhile from this brand. It was a foundation that they no longer make.

As far as the body washes, either no  fragrance left to linger on the skin or they stink to high heaven.

As far as the body washes being gently on the skin and moisturizing, i have found the make my skin dry. I get much better result with Dove nutrium for much less money and smell pretty too.

For those of you who love this product enjoy, , for me a total waste of money.

Valued Contributor

I too purchased the Pure Grace TSV- which took over 2 weeks to deliver. I really like the smell of pure grace. I can not speak to what the strength was before, but currently the scent is week in all the products in the kit. I tried to stay positive and focus on the layering- however a few moments of beautiful whiffs was not enough for me and I am returning mine. I love fragrances and don't mind spending money on them, however there is more to fragrance than just smelling good. It has to have performance. Philosophy Pure Grace scores low on performance. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t use a lot of Philosophy but I do use the shower gels & ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ them!  I have Cabana Girl, Vanilla Coconut & Basil Cucumber Cooler in my shower right now.  My husband uses Basil Cucumber so I bought it in the TSV earlier this summer.  I’ll be pulling out my beloved Gingerbread Man this fall.  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ my Philosophy shower gels!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWifenow if they could just bring back the amazing grace deodorant !.

A little thing but I loved that!....Shower gels are nice also..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The weird thing is Philosophy is acting like our requests for longer lasting scent power don’t exist. 

IIt feels like when I watch their shows I am being gaslighted.

The hosts and reps are all enjoying it and smelling all these great things that I smell for 5 minutes if at all.

The emperors new clothes.🤣😳

They smell it but I can’t smell it lol

Honored Contributor

I don't plan to buy their fragrances again since there is no fragrance.  I'll use what I have.  I have already moved  on to some other brands of fragrance.   For shower gels I do like Perlier and Korres--both sold at HSN.  A lot of Perlier's prices have gone up since the "merger" with QVC.

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@SurferWifenow if they could just bring back the amazing grace deodorant !.

A little thing but I loved that!....Shower gels are nice also..Smiley Happy

OMG @quadmimi!  The Amazing Grace deodorant was the absolute BEST! After I ran out & couldn’t get it anymore, I started using Donna Karan Cashmere Mist deodorant.  However, if Philosophy were to ever bring the Amazing Grace deodorant back from the vault, I’d buy it in multiples!  If I was on Facebook, I’d suggest it on the one of the Philosophy rep’s page.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

@LJo2021 wrote:
I’m done too. I was excited to try Living Grace but I can barely even smell it.

Living Grace was my favorite and then Pure Grace.  Layered with body wash, body creme, body lotion and cologne,  Within 15-30 Minutes scent was gone. Even their skincare is not worth the $$$. Has changed and not for the better.  SAD but TRUE!