Honored Contributor

Re: NO MORE PHILOSOPHY FOR ME, NO SCENT, JUST PLAIN WATER, COME ON QVC AND PHILOSOPHY

@tropics21   Check out Fresh Eau de Parfums.  They have quite a selection.  My favorite so far is Citron de Vigne, Sugar Lychee, & Life.  Some of the parfums come in a travel size for $25 at Nordstrom or fresh.com.  The ingredients Top note, middle and bottom are listed.  Normal prices are $50 and $90.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: NO MORE PHILOSOPHY FOR ME, NO SCENT, JUST PLAIN WATER, COME ON QVC AND PHILOSOPHY

I bought a 3 piece set of Amazing Grace from Kohls last week. I was so disappointed! I don't think the scent lasted even an hour and that was with layering it. I returned it to the store. So sad that Coty ruined it. I looked at Philosophy Facebook and a lot of lot of people are complaining about this same thing
Super Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

@JesssMe 

i am right there with you about beekman 1802. fab-u-lous!

last week i ordered their lump of kohl detox soap. while i have only used it 3 or 4 times, i really like it at lot. my favorite of their regular bar soap (which really isn't regular in the industry) is the honey & oats. i hope that you like all of the scents.

Did you know that there is a TSV coming on Aug 10 from Beekman1802 beauty?  I havn't seen what is it, but it should sneak out soon.  Josh is good about a sneak peak of what is coming up. I just got the 10 piece, 2 oz each sampler from HSN a couple weeks ago, nice to be able to sample  10 different scents of the whipped body butter.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently received my first Beach Party shower gel of this year. I knew something was off when instead of pumping out a thick, luxurious puddle of shower gel, it  was so thin that it immediately disappeared into the scrunchie. There was hardly any suds and virtually no scent, even while in the shower. It was a pale shadow of the Beach Party that I remembered and was a sad, disappointing experience. I don’t mind paying premium prices for a high quality product, but I won’t waste those premium dollars on dime store quality. Don’t even get me started on what has become of my beloved Amazing Grace. 

Occasional Contributor

I LOOOVE Amazing Grace, but can't smell it five minutes after applying and neither can anyone else. 

Respected Contributor

I stopped buying Philosphy when Coty bought them.  I knew this would happen.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

I agree as well.

All I buy from them now is body washes.  Even those have changed a bit in the last few years. 

Regular Contributor

This has been going on for years.  Bought Amazing Grace several years ago from QVC when a set was the special value.

Absolutely no scent to anything!

Won't be getting my money again.

Respected Contributor

I have a bottle of Amazing Grace eau de parfum that I bought at ulta.  I can soak my shirt in it and no smell 5 minutes later.  My laundry hamper used to smell so good. Not anymore. No compliments anymore. Philosophy ruined me for other smells because I love their clean scents.  However, if it does not last 5 minutes what is the use in buying it.  Such a dissappointment. 

Honored Contributor

This battle has been waged in my head for several years.  Knowing that I should stop doing something but continuing to do it anyway.  Sounds like an addiction, right?

I did stop buying the 3-in-1s and just about everything else.  But I could not give up pure grace.  I still ordered the spritz and I had several bottles stocked.  I even had an ancient bottle of the spray fragrance still wrapped in plastic that I was "saving."

For some reason I decided to buy falling in love and I ended up stocking a lot of the spritz.

I was down to only a handful of shower gels from years ago -- back when I was collecting every scent and had over a hundred in the house.

Then we had a fire in May and I had to say goodbye to all of it.

They say you can't save those items because the soot contaminates everything.

Oh, well.  Such a waste.

But I've finally made the decision that I should have made years ago.  I'm not going to replace the spritzes -- or any of my fragrances for that matter.

I sprayed pure grace all over myself for years and my coworkers and patients always commented on how "clean" I smelled.  Like I'd just done laundry.  Often they'd ask me what fabric softener I was using.

I admit it: I liked that.

But now that I've gone more than two months without pure grace I have to ask: Why was I spraying alcohol all over myself for so long?

I live in the high desert.  Staying hydrated is a constant battle.  Why bathe in alcohol?

And have you seen the price of a bottle of spritz?

The end of an era. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~