Honored Contributor

Cut off my chin length curls yesterday to a pixie length. Use NC Mesquite S&C & purchased kit w/ gel & hairspray. Thoughts on Flocker on short, layered hair. Greasy? Have any hold?

Esteemed Contributor

I love his products, but not flocker.  I have short thinning hair and his serums  great, sprays, shampoos and conditioners, etc.

Honored Contributor

Re: NICK CHAVEZ LOVERS

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Cut off my chin length curls yesterday to a pixie length. Use NC Mesquite S&C & purchased kit w/ gel & hairspray. Thoughts on Flocker on short, layered hair. Greasy? Have any hold?

I really disliked it (the Flocker)...I bought the NC Mesquite also and love the beautiful shine and body. I also use his Shampoo and Conditioner for color treated hair available on his website. It's pricy over there, though, as shipping is almost $10.00. The pay off is great though as his yellow shampoo for color treated hair is phenomenal.

Honored Contributor

I haven't used the flocker, but I just LOVE the Mesquite hairspray and serum. @Shanus, you might try posting this on the Nick Chavez sub forum. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus maybe try posting this on the NC forum to get answers.

ETA oops @loveschocolate already suggested this 😁

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Shanus... Chavez products are new to me, I recieved the V. Mesquite Shampoo & Conditioner. The Pump on this thick product is hard to dispense. So I ordered the flip its to see if that makes it easier. Paying so much for a product, I should not have to use distilled water. I think it a good hydrating Shampoo & use very little of the conditioner but not on my scalp. I  hope the FLIP ITS work to make my shampoo experience more pleasant.. I LOVE Ths Serum....Wow, its the best I have ever used, gives my hair shine & body.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus, I think Soft Flocker will be a fabulous styling product to use on short layered hair.  It is not greasy, but if you use to much it can become tacky.  My real hair is neither short or layered, and it works beautifully for keeping my afro in shape without excess shrinkage (hairspray cannot do this). That said, I do own a short layered wig, and Soft Flocker is my styling product choice for that wig.  

You will also get great results using the Mesquite gel and hairspray.  Maybe I'm biased, but every Nick Chavez styling product I'v etried since he's been on QVC has been good and makes my hair look like I intended it to, whether it's being styled straight or naturally curly.