Respected Contributor

Re: NEW at Sephora for hair!

@Tricolor wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

I looked at the lower ratings for the F&M stuff and people were complaining about the smell. Said it was like fake banana. Since I don't like bananas in any form and sure don't want to smell like them, I'm going to pass. People who like the smell seem very pleased by the products, though. The discovery kit for $20 is smart marketing.

@noodleann, I just started using the mask and definitely would not call it a fake banana  smell. It's more of a tropical smell with coconut mixed in also. I do like bananas so it would have to be pretty bad smelling for me not to like it. Lol!

Hmm, tropical. That's better. The price is low enough for that kit to make it worth trying. People really seem to get great results from the first use. Nothing beats instant gratification when it comes to hair. Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Kabella Thank you for the update.  I am going to order the discovery set and give it a try.   Sounds like exactly the results I'm looking for.  So glad they have a trial set to try.

Respected Contributor

@lkat  The discovery set is a good way to test out the product. The results for me was excellent as I mentioned. Let me know what you think after you try it out for the first time & I hope it works as well for you as it did for me. 

Trusted Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@lkat  The discovery set is a good way to test out the product. The results for me was excellent as I mentioned. Let me know what you think after you try it out for the first time & I hope it works as well for you as it did for me. 

@Kabella I tried the shampoo and regular conditioner for the first time today.  I really liked how my hair looked and felt after I blow dried it.  It had body and shine and was also soft.  I have a hard time finding products that keep my hair soft without making it limp (I have fine highlighted hair that's a little past shoulder length).

The downside for me is the scent.  While it was noticeable while I was washing and conditioning, it didn't bother me.  It's not an unpleasant smell.  However, I could smell it all day long on my hair, especially after I worked out and it got a little sweaty.  I am rather sensitive to smells, so it might not bother a lot of people.  Like I said, it's not a bad smell, it's just too strong a smell for me. I will use up the products and see if I get used to it.  I really hope I can get used to the smell because I really like the performance of the products

Respected Contributor

@lkat  If you feel its too strong a scent & have sensitivety to scented shampoo's etc. then its most likely you won't get used to it. Yes, the product works well as you mentioned but there are other natural brands that work well without scent or a lighter scent that does not linger. I have had no problem with the scent & find it  it does linger for a few hours after my hair dries & your right when your hair gets damp after a workout, I can smell the scent but lightly. I have to say tho the Hair Mask scent is stronger than the shampoo & conditioner.