Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee. My remote does not that format button. It's for the tv/DVR. That may be the reason.

Honored Contributor

@aoldgirl. Too bad that feature doesn't work on me (lol), but not great for watching tv.

Honored Contributor

Re: NEW Q2 DISTORTED

[ Edited ]

@Shanus,

You may be able to access the format function by pressing the MENU button. It might give you the option to change DISPLAY by going to SETTINGS.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee. Thanks. Will give that a shot.

Honored Contributor

I agree with SilleeMe, adjust your TV

@Shanus

@SilleeMee

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Called cable company & waiting to hear why new channel is distorted...not filling entire screen and picture stretched out vertically. Difficult to read print.

Anyone w/ similar problem?

@Shanus  On my TV, which is a flat screen but I don't have HD, everyone looks thinner on Q+ rather than on regular Q.  I of course don't know which is more accurate.  You may need to adjust your TV somehow. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEW Q2 DISTORTED

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle@SilleeMee@software @Kachina624@Shanus   

Edit adding @cancun08, @Krimpette,  @aoldgirl 

@proudlyfromNJ,  @shaggygirl,  

On one remote it's labeled 'Format', others call it 'View Mode'. Might be called 'View Aspect' or 'Aspect Ratio'.

Regardless of what the button is labeled, when you push it you should be able to select from some or all of the following choices:

4:3

14:9 

16:9

Widescreen

Automatic 

Another TV calls it:

Full Screen

Side Bar

Stretch

Super Stretch

Zoom

Mine look best for most programming when I leave them on widescreen and stretch, but sometimes adjustment is needed.