Respected Contributor

Re: NEW LIPSTICK RECOMMENDATION FOR FAIR SKIN

[ Edited ]

I could care less if I have any lipstick on with mask mandate. Lip moisturizers, like Fresh lip treatments or other is important. Lipstick, not really. Save it for other times +/or more important things.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

Love it! I've been needing a new lipstick. The two I have a bit dark for casual days. 

@GenXmuse   Promise I don't get a dime back from L'Oreal, but this is the first lipstick that's matte enough to stay on, but hydrating enough to be comfortable. The color is the "your lips but better" everyone is always looking for. I can even apply it w/o a mirror and have since purchased a second tube so one stays at home & one in my bag. Get back to me if you think I'm lying. 

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate   I didn't mean to offend your logic or decision. I just don't save anything for another time...not special jewelry, good china, clothing or makeup. Sometimes that special day never comes.

Respected Contributor

Shanus, the end of COVID19 & mandated masks & shutdown will come.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have very fair skin and it is all but impossible to find shades that don't become orange-y on me.  Nudes are ridiculous, and if one is on the lavendar side, I look dead.

However!!  I ordered an Estee Lauder lipstick palette for COOL tones, and thought if even one shade in it worked, I'd be happy. 

They ALL are gorgeous, and I already love EL sculpting lipsticks, so I am happily mixing and blending to get colors that are perfect on me, they last, they make my lips look the best in years. I finally have the perfect nude lip, pink lip, bold lip.

I tried on the plum splendour shade for a laugh and it is stunning; will wear it when I want bold color, for a special event.

It's called Cool Breeze color envy sculpting lipstick pallette; highly recommend.  I've already ordered two of the individual shades, didn't want to be without them.

Cool Breeze

Honored Contributor

@author   That palette looks fabulous for us. Thanks for posting. Will be going online shortly to check it out. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

It is exactly what I have been looking for - the colors all work well, from the lightest nude and pink to that plum which is a wow for a statement lip.

I had yet to find a nude that was the right color in a formulation that was moist but not disappearing and didn't migrate.  Mattes are "ok" (love the Clinique ones) but tend to be drying in the winter and don't give you that full lip with a satin sheen; this formula is everything I need.

I am 74 with very dry fair skin, and these do not bleed/feather (I do first fill in my lips with a pink liner and dust some setting powder on before the lipstick) and then they last well.  I wear the lighter shades under my mask and at home, very pretty day look.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Clinique has a core in the middle of their lipstick.  I tried to order my fav color on special from Belk (before masks) picked the wrong one, and ended up with an amazing winner.

Silvery Moon pretty rosey pink with a touch of lavendar!

LOVE!Smiley Happy

Amazon.com : Clinique Long Last Lipstick AL Silvery Moon : Beauty

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   My favorite in Clinique is still Pink Spice. Just can't do lavender. Love the fragrance, though.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG   My favorite in Clinique is still Pink Spice. Just can't do lavender. Love the fragrance, though.

@Shanus MY fav for about 10 years was Pink Spice! until I bumped into Silvery Moon!!!!!!Smiley Happy