Honored Contributor

Re: NEW LIPSTICK RECOMMENDATION FOR FAIR SKIN

@ECBG  ...just another thing we have in common. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Love it! I've been needing a new lipstick. The two I have a bit dark for casual days. 

@GenXmuse   Promise I don't get a dime back from L'Oreal, but this is the first lipstick that's matte enough to stay on, but hydrating enough to be comfortable. The color is the "your lips but better" everyone is always looking for. I can even apply it w/o a mirror and have since purchased a second tube so one stays at home & one in my bag. Get back to me if you think I'm lying. 

You just described my perfect lipstick! 

Respected Contributor

Revlon # 130 Rose Velvet. Wear this color everyday. Nice color for someone who is fair and has white hair as I do.

Respected Contributor

That's a very pretty color. So is the Clinique shade.

I don't wear lipstick under a mask...but I'm only wearing a mask where required. That's not outdoors, or at home.

What worries you masters you.
Frequent Contributor

Becca cosmetics makes wonderful neutrals for fair skin. It is difficult to pick a color swim a swatch but I especially like the Chloe and Malikka cupi's kiss.

Honored Contributor

I think I would like this one!  BV (before virus) lipsticks and glosses were my favorite cosmetics!!!  I was always looking for ones that were not too greasy or too dry, as I have issues with bleeding.  I also don't like lip colors that are so bright that they scream and are the only thing you see when a person looks at you!  But since I am very fair also, I do need some pretty color to my lips which gives life to the whole face.  I will look for this shade even though I am not currently wearling lipstick only balm.  Better days ahead right?  And I want to be prepared!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I ordered the L'Oreal Varnished Rosewood from Amazon. $7.11, I got it for free with some Amazon card rewards points. Returnable too, that's unusual.

I'm so pale, and I think rosy brown lipsticks that aren't too dark work well for me.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  Pillow Talk by Charlotte Tilbury is a very good choice.  I would also look at Chanel.  Chanel has the most beautiful lipsticks.  I am a fair/light.  Origins has beautiful lipsticks and more reasonably priced than Tilbury or Chanel.  I own Pillow Talk and also one by Origins (too lazy to get up and look at the name) but it is a lipstick.  They also offer balms and glosses. 

P.S.  I thought you were looking for recommendations but instead you were giving one.  Dah!  I never had much luck with drugstore lipsticks except for Burt's Bees.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  Pillow Talk by Charlotte Tilbury is a very good choice.  I would also look at Chanel.  Chanel has the most beautiful lipsticks.  I am a fair/light.  Origins has beautiful lipsticks and more reasonably priced than Tilbury or Chanel.  I own Pillow Talk and also one by Origins (too lazy to get up and look at the name) but it is a lipstick.  They also offer balms and glosses. 

P.S.  I thought you were looking for recommendations but instead you were giving one.  Dah!  I never had much luck with drugstore lipsticks except for Burt's Bees.

@Katcat1  I have Pillow Talk as well. I do wear it, but find it a little dry/matte...always put gloss on top. My Pomegranate Burt's Bees is my A #1 balm choice! The L'Oreal lipstick was recommended by a YouTube I follow and I figured I'd give it a try. Pleasantly surprised. 

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I ordered the L'Oreal Varnished Rosewood from Amazon. $7.11, I got it for free with some Amazon card rewards points. Returnable too, that's unusual.

I'm so pale, and I think rosy brown lipsticks that aren't too dark work well for me.

Me too! Should be delivered tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.