Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@Shanus   I understand the problem.  I also have a small face, and there aren't a lot of options out there that fit.  I go to Costco when I need new glasses.  Not the best selection, but great prices.  And, since I wear contacts most of the time, I can wait a bit for a new pair.  

I've been wearing glasses since I was 4, when there were no cute frames for kids.  As a result, I have an aversion to frames!   Prefer to see my face, rather than the glasses, so I alway opt for thinner metal frames, and never in black!  My current frames are purple.  I asked the optition for his opinion on a couple frames when I was buying these.  He said "Do you really want to wear purple frames?"  I decided that I did!  No regrets.  But, I'd be open to the colorless frames that you purchased.  

@ItsME   I’ve thought about contacts for years. I’m so squeamish just putting in eye drops, I doubt I could adjust to them.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus Love to see a pic of you in your new specks!:0

Now really @ECBG . How can I do that without my face in there?

@Shanus Come on Girl!  We're all friends!Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

@ECBG   I’ve only seen a few brave hearts whose pics appeared here. Besides, we’re going for lunch next time I get to Asheville.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG   I’ve only seen a few brave hearts whose pics appeared here. Besides, we’re going for lunch next time I get to Asheville.

@Shanus You'll have to wear a red jacket and toot a horn or I'll never find you!!!Smiley Happylol!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus You'll have to wear a red jacket and toot a horn or I'll never find you!!!Smiley Happylol!

@ECBG  You’ll know it’s me. Look for the tiniest lady w/ a silver pixie hair cut, fair skin/green eyes like you!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus We already know you have "killer" (beautiful) eyebrows!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus We already know you have "killer" (beautiful) eyebrows!Smiley Happy

@Shanus Let me know about 4 weeks before you come so I can take off!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  You are kind not to have identified the store!  I don't think I could've resisted.

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@Shanus  You are kind not to have identified the store!  I don't think I could've resisted.

@vsm   The store is not a chain, privately owned. You’d think they’d have more to lose than a pr. of ill-fitting frames...like a bad reputation for not pleasing customers or standing behind their products.

Respected Contributor

@ItsME   I’ve thought about contacts for years. I’m so squeamish just putting in eye drops, I doubt I could adjust to them.

@Shanus  ...  I was VERY motivated!  Got my first pair of glasses at 4 (thick magnifying lenses, plus a lazy eye patch for a couple years).  Contacts were my 16th birthday present.  They changed my life.  Transformed me from an ugly duckling into a swan!  Soft contacts are really easy.  It's worth a try.

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@Shanus  ...  I was VERY motivated!  Got my first pair of glasses at 4 (thick magnifying lenses, plus a lazy eye patch for a couple years).  Contacts were my 16th birthday present.  They changed my life.  Transformed me from an ugly duckling into a swan!  Soft contacts are really easy.  It's worth a try.

@ItsME  Eh, not quite sure. At my eye appts., when they put the drops in so you don’t feel the thing that checks pressure, I freak out w/ the drops & never trust that I won’t feel that “thing” coming towards my eyeballs!!