Respected Contributor

NEVER buying from SHOPHQ again

I have rarely shopped with SHOPHQ. Only for SSC are Mackenzie Childs- and then very few times as I find the company and most of their products pretty cheesy.

I returned a SHOPHQ item on 12/1. Starting 3 days ago I have had as many explanations on why I CAN and can't be refunded. It has not reached the warehouse. I was told Tuesday that I would be refunded Friday regardless of it's return.

Now they will not issue the refund. Now I'll never order again! 

Honored Contributor

Re: NEVER buying from SHOPHQ again

ShopHQ’s CS definitely leaves something to be desired but I’ve never heard of anyone refunding money before receiving the item unless they are doing a courtesy refund and the return is not required.  

Valued Contributor

@ellaphant  I had had that same experience. I did research on the tracking number when it happened to me. Of course it was delivered to the warehouse but they will tell you that they must not have gotten to it as yet.

What I did was notify my credit card and let them take it from there. They will miraculously find it and refund your money. The CC company takes care of it very quickly.

Respected Contributor

I shop from ShopHQ frequently and I have never had a problem.

What do you mean by "cheesy" (sounds a bit disgruntled)?

I find that they have many high quality products--Waterford, 24 karat gold, Prada sunglasses, and so forth.

I like many of their jewelry lines and my returns, all within the 30 day timeline, are processed promptly.

Right now they are in an extended holiday return, so there must be an issue with your item.

Your post is not really clear--did you buy some beauty products and then partially use them and then return them?  Perhaps their rules state that products must be returned unopened.

Respected Contributor

I can imagine it's frustrating, but shipping both coming and going in many areas of the country is incredibly backed up. And I can't imagine returns are a priority right now, 

Respected Contributor

@Etoile308   I'm thinking the same thing.  Getting the shipments out is probably the priority for their warehouses, not processing returns.  After next week, they will probably go back to working on returns. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I stopped shopping there over a year ago too. had a few weird explanations on returns I made., some I never was reimbursed for. Would never in a million  years spend large amounts of cash for so called prestige brands from them. Not interested in them or impressed with that stuff anyway.

Respected Contributor

I think it may be happening alot with the pandemic screwing up supply chains etc. I recently had packages go AWOL from both Home Depot and QVC. Both companies corrected/refunded me quickly however. The service was great.

I do have to say for all the on-line ordering that I do, those were firsts!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't buy at shophq often, most items end up returns. The quality of clothing especially is bad reagardless of brand. I've never had problems with any returns. In fact, they process returns the quickest out of all three channels. 

@FancyPhillyshopper   You can try beauty products (or most anything) already opened/tried and still be able to return it. At least Isomers honors this.

Honored Contributor

Does not sound like a reputable company to do business with.  I hope your money is refunded. Cat Mad

kindness is strength