Honored Contributor

Re: NEED to STOP WEN,any suggestions??? Alternatives?

On 3/16/2015 KatShops said:

So sorry! I don't like it either. I have about $200 worth of it to use up (I impulse shop) then never again. My bathtub clogs constantly, the floor is always slippery no matter how much I scrub, I lose more hair than I ever have and my hair knots up just by me putting a coat on. It does not work for me at all! I hope you get better soon!

Why did you spend $200 on something that makes you lose hair? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I would think one bottle would tell you if this was for you or not. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Contributor

It bothers me also that so many responses are undermining and mean. Besides being concerned about one's scalp and hair there is also the issue of being in the shower and whatever product you are using goes onto your entire body. If one has a skin issue like an autoimmune disease etc this is very scary. Acure is available at Whole Foods and has a nice scent. I have gone with Suzanne Somer's hair products and am extremely pleased. For all those who seemed to enjoy bashing her- many things DO affect a leaky blood brain barrier.

Super Contributor

I'm staying neutral here but just want to say one thing. For me, it's all about variety. Mixing it up. I've recently started using WEN and after some experimentation I really do like it a lot. Having said that, my plan is to not use it constantly. I will slip in a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner here and there. I think the sudsing up and cleaning any build up is important. Again, speaking for myself. I'm no expert. I just feel like this works best for me. I do the same thing with my skin care. Mix it up. I'm happy for those who love WEN and sorry for those with issues with hair loss. There is nothing scarier for a woman. Been there, done that. But in my case it was due to stress.

Frequent Contributor

full of bacteria....omg i hope not............i am very sensitive to lots of things ...wen has never bothered me.....never...love it

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

I'm probably going to regret this.....but I'll probably regret it more if I don't at least try.

Everyone, please don't be mean to the OP. She only has two posts and already people are verbally piling on her....or him. But please don't be cruel to her like this. She hasn't done anything. The posts on this board have been more and more aggressive lately and it's just not right to be hurtful to someone like this. Not every product will work for everyone.

All she did was ask for some alternatives to use a different product and people are acting like she just kicked a puppy. So please, leave her alone. She hasn't done you any harm. If someone doesn't like what's posted, just leave the thread and the person who posted it alone. There's no need to be like this to every new poster. All this same person with a new nic stuff is just weird. She's just a new poster that asked for help. So please let's not be like this to her.

Imagine if you were the new poster who just joined a forum board and other posters did this to you, and you didn't have any friends or cliques to come stick up for you. Please let's just leave her be.

NC Bandwagon Smile Perhaps you could follow your own advice. (above)

Still loving my long, thick, shinny, bouncy, clean, split-end free WEN hair & Chaz! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

finis

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

I agree with Drythe and she is very professional unlike NC Bandwagon. If you have nothing nice to say get off the thread! Many do not like WEN it is what it is..

Frequent Contributor

Scalp irritation? Call your physician and until then consider baby shampoo or aveeno? Fragrance free would be optimal. Good luck!
Valued Contributor

Why does it seem that the people who post these odd Wen stories are usually newbie posters? I don't get why they bother or perhaps it is the same poster, different moniker, each time. ???

Regular Contributor

Well I have never seen users of Ojon, Nick Chavez, or any other QVC product with so many complaints like WEN. I think the complaints about WEN should be taken into consideration. Otherwise you might have to purchase that lazer comb to help you grow your hair back.
Frequent Contributor

There were plenty of similar statements in years past regarding Ojon which I too enjoyed....but definitely prefer WEN. It's popularity is driving the conversation. Never enjoy that some experience suboptimal results but I believe the ""I's"" have this one.