Honored Contributor

NEED TO KNOW ABOUT A SPECIAL FACE BRUSH

What would be a good face brush for applying highlighter to the apple of the checks.

I found a wonderful picture instructions on how to make blush really stand out and not stick out. 

i tried it this morning when i put on my make up, it was wow, it does work. The brush i was using just seemed so big, to me it left more of a swath of highlighter than what was shown on the photo.

Is there a special brush i could use just for highlighting just above the blush.

thanks for all input.

Honored Contributor

Re: NEED TO KNOW ABOUT A SPECIAL FACE BRUSH

I use the Kat Von D shade and light face brush for contour and highlight it's double sided. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Try a fan brush.  Very reasonably priced on ebay.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

If you use a clarisonic buy their foundation brush.....it's amazing. You will not need different brushes for anything you put on your face.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like you could use a fan brush. Here's what Ulta says about their IT fan brush:

"Airy fluffy fan brush head dusts and sets powder without taking off makeup underneath! Use with your favorite highlighter, bronzer and blush. Airy brush head dusts and sets powder without taking off makeup underneath! Perfect also for removing eye shadow fallout and great for applying highlighter precisely."

download.jpg

Respected Contributor

Morphe has some good brushes and well priced. I like the M504 for highlight. Another good one is the Anastasia Beverly Hills A23 highlighter brush. 

Super Contributor

Mac 137 brush is my go to for a light wash of any cosmetics. I use it for bronzer, blush and highlighters. You can check out some you tube videos, that's what made me purchase it. It is expensive but I use it for so many things it was worth every penny I spent on it.

Respected Contributor

There's a great brush in the $12 up & up makeup brush set at Target. Also, the Ecotools fan brush (Ulta & Walmart) is great! The e.l.f. highlighting brush ($3) is also good. Real Techniques has some nice ones, too. All reasonably priced. 

Honored Contributor

wow,thanks guys for ideas about highlight brushes.

never thought of the fan brush. i don't think i have anymore of the fans left (gave them to DD). will have to check out mac brushes too.

really gave me some really good ideas.