Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEED HELP RE: UNDEREYE CIRCLES

This has been m issue all of my life. I have very fair,sensitive skin with issues and a ton ofallergies. After years of trying to find some "thing" that works this is what I use:

Bobbi Brown's correct, conceal  and seal. It's a quick 1-2-3- and only takes a minute or two for results. No need to put foundation over it.  It lasts all day and doesn't get cakey or crack.

A good second choice is Mally's conceal and brighten stick. It goes on super quick and does a nice job. This is nice if you want something small for your makeup bag in your purse. Again, lasts all day. You do not have to cover foundation over it. It doesn't disappear or turn on the skin.

I think my best kept secret to seeing results in the reduce of puffieness and the degree of darkness to the under eye circles is the use of First Aid Repair Eye Treatment/Therapy cream. You just need a couple of drops under each eye and really does work to brighten the eye area (without shimmeres, etc) and reduce the puffiness and darkness. Then I apply the concealer and foundation only on mty facial area. It really makes a difference for me.

Honored Contributor

@Shopper Mania wrote:

Oh no!! I have the Bye-Bye undereye coming. I should have read your comments first. Hope I have better luck. 

I have used many, many concealers, and I happen to think that this one is the best. I use BBUE in the black tube. 

I am not young, and I don't find that it crinkles or accentuates any fine lines at all. I use it both under my eyes, on my lids as a primer that covers darkness and staining, and for the occasional red spot on my face.

I will not be without it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3@Fressa@Tinkrbl44

suzy@3 - please don't go by me.  I have black undereye lines, and is caused by allergies.

I've gone thru some old make-up, Mally and Bobbi Brown.  I've pulled out a small sample size concealer from each.  Hope if this helps...for now!

Thanx.

Esteemed Contributor

Just ordered Adrianne's blue dark circle concealer - used to use this years ago and it worked pretty well.  Will also order the First Aid Repair and, will watch Dimitri and order his Hylighten - just hate dealing with Evine!  There's another vendor, for name, but she was on the southern channel years ago and coming to Evine 2/3.  So, liked her line and will also see what's offered!  Thanks for your advice.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Haven't seen Dimitri's undereye cream.  Can I buy it separately or is it part of a kit?  Read many great reviews o Mad Hippie.  Where can I purchase it. e.g., Sephora or online?  Thanks.

You can try finding the Hylighten on ebay. Mad Hippie on ebay, amazon, Swanson site, Pure Formulas site. Usually find best deal on Pure Formulas and they have free shipping too.

Super Contributor

I've tried a ton of concealers, correctors, skin care and even considered "ahem" long term solutions!Cat Surprised

Thus far, the only product I have repurchased over and over again since it actually delivers is 

tarte Colored Clay CC Undereye Corrector Light-Medium

Here's a great review/demo (it made me run out and buy it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im7JR0BFw9E

Best of luck,

Heart

Trusted Contributor

In my husband's family, dark undereye circles are genetic.  My mother-in-law had them and five of her seven children have them.  My mother-in-law just accepted them as a fact of life and never tried too hard to conceal hers.  My 2 sisters-in-law have found them to be extremely troublesome, particularly for one of them who happens to have fair skin.  She has tried everything she can get her hands on to help her conceal them and nothing has really performed well for her nor lasted throughoout the day.  When she is at work, she has to apply more concealer during her lunch break and again after work if she is going out.  I think in many cases genetics play a big role in dark undereye circles and in those instances, women must resort to re-applying concealer during the day just as they do their lipstick.  

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Haven't seen Dimitri's undereye cream.  Can I buy it separately or is it part of a kit?  Read many great reviews o Mad Hippie.  Where can I purchase it. e.g., Sephora or online?  Thanks.

You can try finding the Hylighten on ebay. Mad Hippie on ebay, amazon, Swanson site, Pure Formulas site. Usually find best deal on Pure Formulas and they have free shipping too.

Thanks, @Shelbelle.  Sorry I'm late to respond, @eddyandme.  Yes, check the usual places.  You might get lucky and find a good price on eBay, but Pure Formulas is probably going to be your best bet.  I just bought from them recently, based on @Shelbelle's recommendation and will probably go back when I need to re-order.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for this thread.  I have the dark circle trifecta - allergies, hereditary circles plus under eye hollows.  Have had these my whole life.  Will try the skinn products.  

Honored Contributor

Pure Formulas recently had a small increase on their Mad Hippie products, but free shipping is still offered and they are on Mr Rebates too.