Honored Contributor

Re: NCN skincare users - new items coming next year

On 10/1/2014 HappyDaze said:

you're welcome ladies!

By the way, I saw that the Vitamin C has the addition of distiled orange blossom to help with the scent from the glutathione. Here is the explanation. I like that she is keeping the glutathione less processed! Honestly, the scent of it has never bothered me since it doesn't linger. I'd rather have that scent and a more potent glutathione than a highly fragrance product that is less effective.

"Vitamin C+Serum

Our Vitamin C+ Serum is fantastic - but there is certainly room for improvement when it comes to the container - not to mention the yeasty odor!
I added distilled orange blossom to the Vitamin C Serum - for two good reasons:
1. It's very high in Vitamin C (it has a long list of benefits) and;
2. Glutathione smells terrible - and the orange blossom helps. In order to get Glutathione to the point of where it doesn’t smell, it has to be so highly processed that you might as well not even add it to a formula. Highly processed Glutathione (or any highly processed ingredient for that matter) renders it useless.
I hope you find the smell less offensive, and the formula even better with the addition of the orange blossom.
I'm also trying to find a better container for it. I have a test glass bottle coming that is an airless pump. Most companies use an eye dropper, and that's the absolute worst option for a Vitamin C product since air gets in each time the bottle is opened."

I never had it, but didn't she try some other kind of delivery system recently that didn't pan out? I don't remember what type it was. I do recall complaints about the use of metal on the collar, though.

I really don't have any major complaints about the pump dispenser, but if she can do an airless one that worked well, that would be good.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I never had it, but didn't she try some other kind of delivery system recently that didn't pan out? I don't remember what type it was. I do recall complaints about the use of metal on the collar, though.

I really don't have any major complaints about the pump dispenser, but if she can do an airless one that worked well, that would be good.

Yes, there was mention of something about a metal collar container but I never had one of those either as I had a few backups from before she switched to that dispenser. Maybe it was some foil liner too? I can't remember exactly but yeah, it didn't work out either and was pretty short-lived.

I've been using the dispenser she has now for over a year and a half now and I don't really have any complaints either. I am just glad it isn't a dropper or jar! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Yes, there was mention of something about a metal collar container but I never had one of those either as I had a few backups from before she switched to that dispenser. Maybe it was some foil liner too? I can't remember exactly but yeah, it didn't work out either and was pretty short-lived.

I've been using the dispenser she has now for over a year and a half now and I don't really have any complaints either. I am just glad it isn't a dropper or jar! Smiley Happy

Have you ever traveled with yours? I know when I first got mine some would drip out the top if I shook it up and down so I swirl it around to mix it up. We're going on vacation the middle of this month and I want to take it but I don't want to waste any of it either. I'm worried it might leak out the top.

Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 myshell624 said:

Have you ever traveled with yours? I know when I first got mine some would drip out the top if I shook it up and down so I swirl it around to mix it up. We're going on vacation the middle of this month and I want to take it but I don't want to waste any of it either. I'm worried it might leak out the top.

Yes I have traveled with mine and haven't had any issue with leakage. That isn't to say it doesn't leak but I personally have never experienced that.

Respected Contributor

I do have a little trouble with her Vit C dispenser that she currently has. It often gets kind of clogged, but is easily cleaned, and sometimes the pump takes a little work to get out product. It's one of those things, though, where I love the product and something as small as that wouldn't keep me from using it. I LOVE airless pump bottles, though, so I would certainly welcome that change!
Super Contributor

Yes I have traveled with mine and haven't had any issue with leakage. That isn't to say it doesn't leak but I personally have never experienced that.

Thanks HappyDaze. I'm going to make sure I pack my skincare carefully and I may put it upfront with me just to be sure:-)

Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 FUTURE said: I do have a little trouble with her Vit C dispenser that she currently has. It often gets kind of clogged, but is easily cleaned, and sometimes the pump takes a little work to get out product. It's one of those things, though, where I love the product and something as small as that wouldn't keep me from using it. I LOVE airless pump bottles, though, so I would certainly welcome that change!

yes I do remember that being a little issue when I first started using it but I realized that if I just swiped the area where the product dispenses with my finger or a cotton pad after I use it, I haven't really had that issue. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks HappyDaze. I'm going to make sure I pack my skincare carefully and I may put it upfront with me just to be sure:-)

no problem! Enjoy your vacation!!

Honored Contributor

I see that you've already received a good answer from HD, which is better than my answer because I travel light -- very light. I forgo the skin care steps I do at home.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I have traveled with this C serum too and not had an issue. For added safety, I always place any containers that could potentially leak in small plastic bags and I know that plastic bag was dry and product free so no leaks.

I've not been bothered by the scent of NCN's C either - even if I detect a slightly offensive or annoying odor in my skincare products, it is never a reason to terminate using them if I really like the product. Those smells dissipate so quickly. I never had an issue with Dr Perricone's DMAE skincare either as again, the scent just doesn't linger.