Super Contributor
On 8/27/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 8/27/2014 F1wild said:
On 8/26/2014 F1wild said:
On 8/25/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

What happened to the cleansing oil and enzyme powder, I thought you loved them?

I know, I thought I did, too. I should have ordered a scented FDL powder because I got so I couldn't stand the weird smell of the unscented. I like using the oil, but better on my body than my face.

I appreciate the recommendations you gave me. I just didn't feel the cleansing was doing as much as I had hoped. When I sent a note to FDL regarding the powder's god-awful smell they immediately refunded my account - no questions, no need to return product. It must be something they've heard before.

Some of them aren't pleasant, but I don't find them unbearable either considering it's only on my face for a short time. Overall, though, I do find the vanilla one to be the most pleasant. Good of the company to give you a refund. I'm not saying I'll never use the FDL again (because I still have some in the cabinet), but lately I've really liked using the Missha Super Aqua product I ordrered from Missha. I've been using it twice a week and my DH is on board now, too.

I think I'm just overly sensitive at the moment - maybe because of medication, followed by severe dry mouth. My palate (not that I'm eating the FDL!) is way off.

Is the Missha Super Aqua product similar to the Cure exfoliation one?

Oh yeah, meds will do that. I remember when my dad had cancer and was getting radiation, nothing tasted good to him. And one of his favorite things in the world, ice cream, took on a metallic taste so he couldn't even enjoy that.

The Cure and the Missha exfoliator are similar, but different. How's that for an answer? LOL Cure instantly turns a milky watery consistency as soon as it hits the skin. You wait a couple of seconds and start to gently rub and the dead skin will ball up almost immediately. The Missha Super Aqua Micro Oxygen Peeling product is a thicker gel consistency and stays thick on the face. You have to wait a few minutes for it to work and it will start to bubble. Once the bubbling stops, that's when you do the rubbing to lift the dead skin. Both are very gentle...no burning or residual irritation at all.

Face bubbling? Cool!

Did you receive your Mizon eye cream yet? It looked like such a phenomenal price, but I figured I'll let you experiment first.

When I went through CA treatment 15 years ago I couldn't eat or drink anything from a can. Not just directly from the can, but also anything that originated from one. I even convinced myself I could "hear" metal...I swear I only took prescription medication. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

I know, I thought I did, too. I should have ordered a scented FDL powder because I got so I couldn't stand the weird smell of the unscented. I like using the oil, but better on my body than my face.

I appreciate the recommendations you gave me. I just didn't feel the cleansing was doing as much as I had hoped. When I sent a note to FDL regarding the powder's god-awful smell they immediately refunded my account - no questions, no need to return product. It must be something they've heard before.

Some of them aren't pleasant, but I don't find them unbearable either considering it's only on my face for a short time. Overall, though, I do find the vanilla one to be the most pleasant. Good of the company to give you a refund. I'm not saying I'll never use the FDL again (because I still have some in the cabinet), but lately I've really liked using the Missha Super Aqua product I ordrered from Missha. I've been using it twice a week and my DH is on board now, too.

I think I'm just overly sensitive at the moment - maybe because of medication, followed by severe dry mouth. My palate (not that I'm eating the FDL!) is way off.

Oh yeah, meds will do that. I remember when my dad had cancer and was getting radiation, nothing tasted good to him. And one of his favorite things in the world, ice cream, took on a metallic taste so he couldn't even enjoy that.

The Cure and the Missha exfoliator are similar, but different. How's that for an answer? LOL Cure instantly turns a milky watery consistency as soon as it hits the skin. You wait a couple of seconds and start to gently rub and the dead skin will ball up almost immediately. The Missha Super Aqua Micro Oxygen Peeling product is a thicker gel consistency and stays thick on the face. You have to wait a few minutes for it to work and it will start to bubble. Once the bubbling stops, that's when you do the rubbing to lift the dead skin. Both are very gentle...no burning or residual irritation at all.

Face bubbling? Cool!

Did you receive your Nixon eye cream yet? It looked like such a phenomenal price, but I figured I'll let you experiment first.

When I went through CA treatment 15 years ago I couldn't eat or drink anything from a can. Not just directly from the can, but also anything that originated from one. I even convinced myself I could "hear" metal...I swear I only took prescription medication. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

You mean the Mizon? It's being delivered TODAY! I can't wait to try it. I never thought I'd do it, but I ordered a new Vitamin C serum too. It came yesterday, but I left it on the kitchen table and was too lazy to go down and get it this morning. I'll try it tomorrow for sure. DH and I are going away for a couple of nights, tomorrow and Friday, and I feel like I need to go buy myself a tackle box to haul all my new skincare stuff with me! Ha!

Super Contributor

HD and F1W: {#emotions_dlg.wub}

BC: Where, in relation to the Vitamin C, do you use your Missha serum -- over? Under? Thanks.

For you to rave about something so soon (you're the most patient among us, I think) I figure I'd better go check this out!!

Honored Contributor
On 8/27/2014 MarenSeattle said:

BC: Where, in relation to the Vitamin C, do you use your Missha serum -- over? Under? Thanks.

For you to rave about something so soon (you're the most patient among us, I think) I figure I'd better go check this out!!

I was thinking the same thing- she usually does not like to say much until she's used it for quite awhile so to already be pretty smitten with it, it sounds like a good product! I am tempted to try it, just don't really know if I *need* it, lol!

And thanks Maren!

Honored Contributor

I hope it's OK that I step in here. Are you referring to the "Missha First Essence" BC talked about? I'm using a different first essence - Tony Moly Intense Care Galactomyces First Essence. I chose it because it has 94% of the yeast filtrate w/o any extras because I was afraid Missha's Time Revolution Essence might be too moisturizing for me. I still might try the Missha when winter gets here though. Anyhow, these first essences aren't serums, they're like a toner, but better. The instructions are to apply the essence as the first step after cleansing, either using a cotton pad or your hands. Korean skincare also has something called "ampoules". They're like a concentrated ingredient. I put a little first essence in my hand, just a little, add a drop or two from the ampoule and then pat it all around my face (Korean theory is to never rub or pull/drag the skin). After I pat it around, I press my hands to my face for a few seconds. I've only been using the first essence and a peptide ampoule (Mizon) for about a week, but really like it. I received a collagen ampoule and a night recovery ampoule (both Mizon) today and am looking forward to adding them to the routines.

All that said...since the first essence goes on right after cleansing, the Vitamin C serum would follow that.

Respected Contributor
On 8/27/2014 HappyDaze said:

I was thinking the same thing- she usually does not like to say much until she's used it for quite awhile so to already be pretty smitten with it, it sounds like a good product! I am tempted to try it, just don't really know if I *need* it, lol!

And thanks Maren!

Hey guys, so sorry I am just now noticing these. JLF summed it up pretty well. I do need the extra moisture unlike her, though. I love that my face immediately feels less dry and tight when I apply the Essence immediately after cleansing. I had a rare spot from overly aggressive blackhead removal. Normally, it takes forever for the redness to go away. The redness was less visible the morning after I used the Essence and pretty much gone in three days. Not the usual spot be gone time frame for me.

JLF is, IMO, correct about the Vit C going on after the Essence. At least, that is how I've been including it. There is a fantastic review of this product on the blog I've posted about, Skin & Tonic. Actually, it is a comparison of Missha First Essence vs. SKII. On iPad so can't link. SorrySmiley Sad

Super Contributor

Face bubbling? Cool!

Did you receive your Nixon eye cream yet? It looked like such a phenomenal price, but I figured I'll let you experiment first.

You mean the Mizon? It's being delivered TODAY! I can't wait to try it. I never thought I'd do it, but I ordered a new Vitamin C serum too. It came yesterday, but I left it on the kitchen table and was too lazy to go down and get it this morning. I'll try it tomorrow for sure. DH and I are going away for a couple of nights, tomorrow and Friday, and I feel like I need to go buy myself a tackle box to haul all my new skincare stuff with me! Ha!

I had quite a chuckle when I saw my spellchecker changed Mizon to Nixon, of all things. I'm waiting for you to try the eye cream before I order. Which Vitamin C did you order?

Honored Contributor
On 8/27/2014 BellaCarro said:

And thanks Maren!

Hey guys, so sorry I am just now noticing these. JLF summed it up pretty well. I do need the extra moisture unlike her, though. I love that my face immediately feels less dry and tight when I apply the Essence immediately after cleansing. I had a rare spot from overly aggressive blackhead removal. Normally, it takes forever for the redness to go away. The redness was less visible the morning after I used the Essence and pretty much gone in three days. Not the usual spot be gone time frame for me.

JLF is, IMO, correct about the Vit C going on after the Essence. At least, that is how I've been including it. There is a fantastic review of this product on the blog I've posted about, Skin & Tonic. Actually, it is a comparison of Missha First Essence vs. SKII. On iPad so can't link. SorrySmiley Sad

Thanks! And thanks JLF. One more question- you actually use this before your BHA or AHA too?

Honored Contributor
On 8/28/2014 F1wild said:

Face bubbling? Cool!

I had quite a chuckle when I saw my spellchecker changed Mizon to Nixon, of all things. I'm waiting for you to try the eye cream before I order. Which Vitamin C did you order?

I'm on the iPad so I hope this comes out ok. I tried the eye cream last night and again this morning. So far so good but I have to give it more time to know for sure. I bought the Timeless Vitamin C serum that Angie, the Hot & Flashy lady, recommends. I have liked Mad Hippie for the better part of the past year, but the recent discussion about pH and penetration got me wondering if I might have really missed the mark. Anyway, the Timeless serum is L-ascorbic acid with Ferulic Acid. I got it on Amazon - think it was around $25. It has a lot of positive reviews so I thought I'd try it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Respected Contributor
On 8/28/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 8/27/2014 BellaCarro said:

And thanks Maren!

Thanks! And thanks JLF. One more question- you actually use this before your BHA or AHA too?

Geez, I missed another question from you, HD. I really am slack lately! Actually, I'm scratching my head over the order to use with BHA. My first impression is to use BHA first. Otherwise, wouldn't the Essence interfere with the acid doing its job of pore cleaning? Also, wouldn't the BHA negate any benefit of the Essence? That is how I am leaning currently.

edit and update! After writing this I have stumbled across a review in S&T addressing the usage order of the two. Seems that because of the niaminicide in the Essence you should wait to use AHA or BHA thirty minutes to avoid a small chance of "flushing". Ummm, okay. Not sure I'm buying in to that. Guess I have some more checking to do.