Honored Contributor
On 8/26/2014 F1wild said:
On 8/25/2014 HappyDaze said:

I too have normal to dry skin and these are my Non-negotiables:

-NCN's Vitamin C - best I've ever tried and, like Myshell, only L-ascorbic I've ever used that never irritated my skin.

-Paula's Choice skin recovery SPF moisturizer, Andalou Naturals CC and/or Missha Perfect Cover BB cream

-rose hip seed oil

-Paula's Choice 2% BHA product (either anti-redness liquid or the lotion, depending on how dry my skin is/time of year).

-One love organics cleansing oil. I've tried almost all cleansing oils and this one works perfectly for me. best.stuff.evah.

I've been really interested in NCN's DNA serum as I've heard so many good things about it and that it is especially moisturizing. My mom (in her 60's) loves NCN's Formula 7 for fading her age spots. It is something I'd try at some point if I ever needed it as I really like the ingredients.

When I was in my room waiting for my surgery to begin, the nurse said to me, "honey, you shouldn't have worn makeup, could you please wash it off" to which I applied, "I have none on!" {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I didn't have a stitch of makeup on! She could not believe it and said my skin looked amazing and so even toned, like I had some foundation on or something. It made me realize how awesome my current routine is working <em>for me</em>.

Thank you for your info and how super for your nurse to comment on your skin. I hope to become that skinterific soon.

What brand of rose hip seed oil do you use? Anything rose seems to be in now.

This was part of the email I received from Nancy, in case you're interested:

For keeping it very simple, the Multi-Active Peptide Matrixyl Serum 25% is our best all-around anti-aging product. A little goes a long way, so it would last probably about 6 months, and you use it twice a day, including your eye area. If you're interested, I wrote about it on my blog:

http://ncnskincare.com/blog/2014/05/winner-best-all-around-product

For added anti-aging and hydration, I recommend using the DNA Serum over it, you can use that twice a day as well, but you don't have to. If it's too hydrating for daytime for you, you could use it at night. That goes around your eye area as well. Works so well with the Multi-Active Peptide Matrixyl Serum 25% too, just a fantastic product (delays aging too).

http://ncnskincare.com/anti-aging-products-c-3/dna-serum-p-173

thank you for sharing the information from Nanci.

I have used the Shea terra organics brand of rosehip seed oil for some years now. I've thought about trying others but I like this one so much and I think the price is reasonable that I just keep repurchasing it. I am sure there are other good ones too. I also like that they are fair trade, organic and support conservation groups. That type of thing is important to me as well. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yeah, we both survived our Thursday surgeries! So glad to hear you're doing well and on the mend.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} you too- don't overdo the typing since you are suppose to be healing, right??

Honored Contributor
On 8/25/2014 HappyDaze said:

I too have normal to dry skin and these are my Non-negotiables:

-NCN's Vitamin C - best I've ever tried and, like Myshell, only L-ascorbic I've ever used that never irritated my skin.

-Paula's Choice skin recovery SPF moisturizer, Andalou Naturals CC and/or Missha Perfect Cover BB cream

-rose hip seed oil

-Paula's Choice 2% BHA product (either anti-redness liquid or the lotion, depending on how dry my skin is/time of year).

-One love organics cleansing oil. I've tried almost all cleansing oils and this one works perfectly for me. best.stuff.evah.

I've been really interested in NCN's DNA serum as I've heard so many good things about it and that it is especially moisturizing. My mom (in her 60's) loves NCN's Formula 7 for fading her age spots. It is something I'd try at some point if I ever needed it as I really like the ingredients.

When I was in my room waiting for my surgery to begin, the nurse said to me, "honey, you shouldn't have worn makeup, could you please wash it off" to which I applied, "I have none on!" {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I didn't have a stitch of makeup on! She could not believe it and said my skin looked amazing and so even toned, like I had some foundation on or something. It made me realize how awesome my current routine is working <em>for me</em>.

Thank you for your info and how super for your nurse to comment on your skin. I hope to become that skinterific soon.

What brand of rose hip seed oil do you use? Anything rose seems to be in now.

This was part of the email I received from Nancy, in case you're interested:

For keeping it very simple, the Multi-Active Peptide Matrixyl Serum 25% is our best all-around anti-aging product. A little goes a long way, so it would last probably about 6 months, and you use it twice a day, including your eye area. If you're interested, I wrote about it on my blog:

http://ncnskincare.com/blog/2014/05/winner-best-all-around-product

For added anti-aging and hydration, I recommend using the DNA Serum over it, you can use that twice a day as well, but you don't have to. If it's too hydrating for daytime for you, you could use it at night. That goes around your eye area as well. Works so well with the Multi-Active Peptide Matrixyl Serum 25% too, just a fantastic product (delays aging too).

http://ncnskincare.com/anti-aging-products-c-3/dna-serum-p-173

F1wild, I'm on my third bottle of her Matrixyl serum and love it. I use that and her Vit C serum.

But given her comment about how the Matrixyl should last about six months, I think I might be applying to much.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor
On 8/26/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 8/26/2014 myshell624 said:

Thank you, myshell. I'm not a patient with patience and have been doing way too much, but learning not to. What does the Vitamin C and BHA do? I always thought the BHA was for acne.

Vitamin c really brightens my skin and keeps it even. BHA's are good for acne but they're also gentle but effective exfoliaters. AHA's cam irritate me and recently a microdermabrasion cream gave me broken capillaries.

I agree with myshell about both products. I do not have acne but use BHA instead of AHA because it is more gentle than AHA yet does similar things in terms of helping build collagen, etc, with the additional benefit of keeping pores unclogged (haven't had this issue so either I am not prone to that or the BHA is doing its' job!).

Thank you myshell & HappyDaze for the explanation. I've had no problems with AHAs so far so I'll leave well enough alone.

Super Contributor
On 8/26/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Yay for our two post-surgery patients and here's wishing you both a speedy and pain-free recovery.

Cheers! Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

Glad to read that F1wild and HD are on the road to restored good health.

Super Contributor
On 8/27/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Glad to read that F1wild and HD are on the road to restored good health.

I'm not doing a very good job of resting my hands though.

Honored Contributor
On 8/25/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

What happened to the cleansing oil and enzyme powder, I thought you loved them?

I know, I thought I did, too. I should have ordered a scented FDL powder because I got so I couldn't stand the weird smell of the unscented. I like using the oil, but better on my body than my face.

I appreciate the recommendations you gave me. I just didn't feel the cleansing was doing as much as I had hoped. When I sent a note to FDL regarding the powder's god-awful smell they immediately refunded my account - no questions, no need to return product. It must be something they've heard before.

Some of them aren't pleasant, but I don't find them unbearable either considering it's only on my face for a short time. Overall, though, I do find the vanilla one to be the most pleasant. Good of the company to give you a refund. I'm not saying I'll never use the FDL again (because I still have some in the cabinet), but lately I've really liked using the Missha Super Aqua product I ordrered from Missha. I've been using it twice a week and my DH is on board now, too.

Super Contributor

I know, I thought I did, too. I should have ordered a scented FDL powder because I got so I couldn't stand the weird smell of the unscented. I like using the oil, but better on my body than my face.

I appreciate the recommendations you gave me. I just didn't feel the cleansing was doing as much as I had hoped. When I sent a note to FDL regarding the powder's god-awful smell they immediately refunded my account - no questions, no need to return product. It must be something they've heard before.

Some of them aren't pleasant, but I don't find them unbearable either considering it's only on my face for a short time. Overall, though, I do find the vanilla one to be the most pleasant. Good of the company to give you a refund. I'm not saying I'll never use the FDL again (because I still have some in the cabinet), but lately I've really liked using the Missha Super Aqua product I ordrered from Missha. I've been using it twice a week and my DH is on board now, too.

I think I'm just overly sensitive at the moment - maybe because of medication, followed by severe dry mouth. My palate (not that I'm eating the FDL!) is way off.

Is the Missha Super Aqua product similar to the Cure exfoliation one?

Honored Contributor
On 8/27/2014 F1wild said:

I think I'm just overly sensitive at the moment - maybe because of medication, followed by severe dry mouth. My palate (not that I'm eating the FDL!) is way off.

Is the Missha Super Aqua product similar to the Cure exfoliation one?

Oh yeah, meds will do that. I remember when my dad had cancer and was getting radiation, nothing tasted good to him. And one of his favorite things in the world, ice cream, took on a metallic taste so he couldn't even enjoy that.

The Cure and the Missha exfoliator are similar, but different. How's that for an answer? LOL Cure instantly turns a milky watery consistency as soon as it hits the skin. You wait a couple of seconds and start to gently rub and the dead skin will ball up almost immediately. The Missha Super Aqua Micro Oxygen Peeling product is a thicker gel consistency and stays thick on the face. You have to wait a few minutes for it to work and it will start to bubble. Once the bubbling stops, that's when you do the rubbing to lift the dead skin. Both are very gentle...no burning or residual irritation at all.