Honored Contributor

Black is too harsh and brown was getting a little boring. I changed to dark navy liner in my top water line and between my lashes. What a difference!! The whites of my eyes look much clearer and the navy liner gives definition without being too dark.

Anyone else love navy eye liner?

Respected Contributor

Is there a brand you recommend?

Honored Contributor

yes, i LOVE navy and sapphire eyeliners!

not so easy to find good ones.

one of my favorites is lancome le crayon khol in black lapis.

i also like MAC technakohl liner in cool jazz.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@Shanus 

Yes I use the Jillian Dempsey Black Sapphire kohl eyeliner . Its black with a hint of blue . I am 56 with dark brown eyes and dark brown hair with silver in it so the navy color is a nice alternative to black and brown .

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Is there a brand you recommend?

@Mothertrucker   Of course, it has to be waterproof. For a my favorite liner, I go to Mally...I think her navy is called Sailor. It’s at ULTA. If you just want to use it on your top lid, look for one with a narrow tip, but maybe has some play time to smudge it before it sets. The only one I found like this (still looking for a less expensive one) is Trish McEvoy Gel Liner in Pencil Form. 

Honored Contributor

Re: NAVY EYELINER

[ Edited ]

Yes, I love a navy liner on my waterline. My fave is a gel pencil made by ColourPop called DTLA...no idea what that stands for,  just love the color. It's not so dark that it looks black and when you have it on it makes the whites of your eyes look whiter.  Glides on, stays all day. Same manufacturer of Kylie Cosmetics.

ColourPop Automatic Gel Liner in 'DTLA' -  $5.50

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: NAVY EYELINER

[ Edited ]

I never use black, only navy or charcoal grey. A great pencil is Palladio Retractable Liner pencils, comes in a variety of colors, get them at Sallys or on ebay. 

Honored Contributor

What a great idea! I’ve been using brown for ages. I might mix it up. Fortunately, you don’t have to pay a lot for a good eyeliner. Rimmel is my go to. 

Respected Contributor

yes, and one of my favorites is actually mally shadow stick.  i use it as a liner, and i alternate between the blue and the bronze.  my eyes are green and that bronze one looks especially good.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I tried navy eyeliner a couple of times recently and didn’t like it on me. All I saw was blue eyeliner staring back at me. It was just too obviously there if that makes any sense. Gave up black eyeliner many years ago. Guess I’ll stick with my dark brown eyeliner. It seems to be the most flattering for me and gives me a natural but enhanced look which I prefer.