Honored Contributor

I agree that your genes play a big part.  I used to have great nails as a younger woman and never had to take any great care.  As I got older, they kind of felt apart.   I take Biotin and this does seem to help me.  I know this next thing will sound strange but it also seems to help.  At one point, I had some kind of nail infection and the doctor recommended I soak my fingers in white vinegar for 10-15 minutes every day.  I did this and the infection cleared up.  I still do this almost every morning and my nails look very shiny and seem stronger.  I really think its the combination of the Biotin and the vinegar.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Bigbro wrote:

I started doing my own gel nails last year. I stopped for a while and notice my nails are soft, breaking and bad conditon. Can someone recommend a nail conditioner or something to make my "nude" nails look pretty.

@BigbroSkip polish and start applying Rosehip oil to your hands, nails and cuticles twice a day. I have seen the greatest improvement to my nails since I began using it. I purchased mine at Amazon. I also use Rich Girl hand cream by Deborah Lippmann, rubbing it into nails and cuticles, too.  Good luck!