Super Contributor
On 9/6/2014 txrose said:
On 9/6/2014 Andreatoo said: I know we miss Lola's Saturday thread but in her absence, which I pray is short, let's share what we've been doing this week to our own nails!I purchased the Disney villains, by elf, collection of 12 polishes for $9.99! I would never have purchased gold nail polish but since it was there I used it. Lots of compliments and it looked surprisingly good on my hands! I think that is the advantage of palettes of any kind; you now have something in your arsenal you would not ordinarily use or purchase otherwise.2 coats and Seche Vite top coat (which is amazing by the way) What did you guys do this week to your nails? And if you are able please post pictures. I'm sure we'd all love to see them :-)
Thank you Andreatoo, yes she is missed. I did wonder over to WLW last week and she posted a new mani it was very pretty I miss her explanation on how she applies everything. Maybe she'll stop by. This week I have half my nails with a purple & white stripe with a small flower off to the side, lot of complements. Starting to look for fun fall ideas any one have some? Here's waving at you Janie.

Hello my friend txrose- waving back at you!

Thank you gacat123 for answering- I did not know she was "taking a break" from the forum, and I am actually quite sad to hear that! I hope everything is OK with her- such a lovely person- and SOOOO talented. I always looked forward to seeing what she would share with us week to week. Her knowledge on all things nail-related was astounding!!

OK, just did my nails( I am growing out a gel overlay- not fun, but I am being patient. Halfway there!!) with a new Essie shade "Big Spender". Pretty!! A wonderful fall shade- it is a purple/cranberry and shiny as can be.Totally recommendable! Enjoyable!

Honored Contributor

So Saturday I took off the gold I'd been wearing all week and tried what appeared in the bottle (part of the collection) to be deep blue with sparkle; Sea Escape is the name. Unfortunately the sparkle only shows (on my nails) in a certain light in my living room! I topped it with the Seche Vite and even more sparkly! (in my living room!!). Last night I added a gold star to the ring finger of my left hand and a butterfly in profile to the ring finger on the right..looks like gold leaf and very pretty. I'm sitting at my desk this morning when my boss comes in and says 'I liked last week's better' LOL! It's so dark it looks black but clearly not as harsh as a black would be.. oh well. Better luck next week (unless I get inspired during the week)

Super Contributor

Hi Lovelies! How nice to read how you're all doing with your nails, successes and even problems. I appreciate you missing me too! I have been posting my weekly mani's on Pinterest, although as txrose said, I simply list the elements without commenting on the application, etc.

Andreatoo, I'm flattered you started the thread, and I'm sure everyone is enjoying sharing their love of all things polish. Take care!

Lola
Honored Contributor
On 9/8/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Hi Lovelies! How nice to read how you're all doing with your nails, successes and even problems. I appreciate you missing me too! I have been posting my weekly mani's on Pinterest, although as txrose said, I simply list the elements without commenting on the application, etc.

Andreatoo, I'm flattered you started the thread, and I'm sure everyone is enjoying sharing their love of all things polish. Take care!

thank you for stopping in with us Lola but as you can see we need you back! Hope you're doing well and please hurry back :-)