Frequent Contributor

Re: My thoughts on the Josie Maran recent TSV perfume scents

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@K9mom wrote:

@AKgirl2 I do really like her butters and scrubs.  Was so hoping for the perfumes to be special, but to me they don't make the cut. 

@K9mom ~ so many people do, and I'm glad that they work for you!  It's so nice to have and use products we enjoy.  Are you going to return due to sub par perfume scents?

@AKgirl2 I'm going to give the whole vanilla kit a try tomorrow and see how it does.  If it fails, I most definately will be returning it.  It was a nice chunk of change and I don't want to keep something I don't love. 

New Contributor

I ordered the Vanilla Wafer and I am SO disappointed. I was really looking to her perfume and it just does not deliver.

First, you can barely smell it, as in almost NO scent. I sprayed it on my forearm and put it right up to my nose and could barely smell anything.

Second, when I did finally get a whiff putting the bottle up to my nose, it was not pleasant. It took me a second to place the smell and it finally hit me: it smells like playdough. Ugh.

Third, I was hoping the body butter would at least deliver on the scent but again its severely lacking.

I love her body butters and have so many that I can't justify spending the money for more on this set when it isn't even enjoyable or pleasant. Back it goes.
Trusted Contributor

@K9mom wrote:

@AKgirl2 I do really like her butters and scrubs.  Was so hoping for the perfumes to be special, but to me they don't make the cut. 

I would not keep the kit at all if the "perfume" wasn't good, nor do not I keep something if only 2 things work out of 6. Th reson barely have bought a tsv due to that reason.

I think we/she should not keep if it doesn't smell right. Happy I didnt cave in for that one item in the kit.

I do not ever buy scents on TV and now barely shoes...hard to keep when the size or scent is hard to keep when not trying on in person!

When smellavision comes into our  TV's, maybe I will buy it.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

I remember getting her body butter in some almond scent and when I opened it all I could say is that it smell like a chemical. I remember it was a tsv I think and a lot of people complained to CS about the scent. I do have some BB scents that I love. 

Trusted Contributor

Just tracked my package.  It's strolling along somewhere still in West Virginia.  Grrrr.  I also ordered the vanilla wafer, so I'm hoping it's not a dud.  Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving All !!!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]
I just received the Sweet Holly and I don't like it at all. I don't even know how to describe what it smells like but it's not good. I smell pine for 5 seconds (which is nice) then it just goes bad, not something I want to go around smelling like. Maybe like a urinal cake, lol.
Respected Contributor

I can't believe as the TSV's roll into people houses that the fragrances that she raved about for 24hours are so off...! I ordered the unscented tsv and I'm patiently waiting to give my feedback to you all..
Honored Contributor

I learned the hard way that her scented products rarely deliver... to ME. Either I think they smell terrible or they smell terrible when I apply them to my body. For this reason, I didn't buy the TSV though I LOVE her whipped BB and have many of the Big Daddy sized jars in my house.... all UNscented.

Such a shame : (

Regular Contributor

I got the sweet holly and I guess I'm in the minority, but I like it!! I am not a huge perfume person. The smell is def seasonal and I wouldn't be wearing it in June but it reminds me of Christmas. I agree that it doesn't last long, but if you like body mists, you will like this. Layering with the body butter makes it last longer too. I am a person who gets headaches from strong smells, maybe thats why this is a winner for me.

Contributor

Got my Vanilla Wafer today. To my nose, it does NOT smell like Play-dough (I loathe that smell), but I'm not going to say it is a great vanilla, either.  It's a bit plastic-y. The body cream is less intense but still not great.  And the lip product, while beautifully packaged and a wonderful color for me, really does STING my lips, which is not my idea of a good time.  Smiley Frustrated