Super Contributor

Re: My solution for the NuFace Gel application

I just went to NuFace to check out the spray that Glitter Fairy mentioned, and see they have a "creme" primer. Here's the info:

The NuFACE Crème Primer is a unique, high quality hydrating crème that is the essential first step to using the NuFACE Microcurrent Device. The NuFACE Crème Primer allows the NuFACE Device to easily glide across the skin and ensures conductivity for optimum lifting, toning, and contouring results. Convenient, smaller size - ideal for travel.

A 30 Day Supply. 2 fl.oz.

Ingredients:
Water,1, Cetyl alcohol,Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Potassium chloride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

And here's the instructions:

CrèmeDirections:
Apply the NuFACE Creme Primer to your face before using the NuFACE device. Reactivate the Primer with more if it begins to dry during your NuFACE treatment. Remove Primer with warm, damp washcloth then apply your NuFACE serums and preferred moisturizer to finish your anti-aging treatment.

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2014 Glitter Fairy said:

some people use the spray(from nu face) instead of the gel. I do it when im in a hurry!

Are you referring to the Optimizing Mist? Wonder if that (or any hydrating mist) can be used in lieu of the gel and work as well...

Another question to ask NuFace in my email!

Super Contributor

On 1/26/2014 Beberocket said:

I've been using water in place of the gel for months now, and I see the exact same results.

Wow -- I LOVE hearing that! Thanks!!

Regular Contributor

Too many parabans, which can be toxic.

Regular Contributor

Parabens are unhealthy.  

I'm usually pretty good at simple solutions; you came up w/a great solution by using spatula less mess & less lose of an expensive product. Thank you. PS loving the results of nu face mini.
Valued Contributor

@magemay wrote:

The issue I have with all of the conductive serums that come with the units (I have the FaceMaster and the SSC EGG) is that they all contain either Propylene Gylcol, Butylene Glycol or both. Glycols are the ingredients that causes the slip and allows the unit to glide.These 2 glycols play havoc with my skin, causing breakouts and irritation.

I was able to find a suitable replacement with a glycol that isn't a petro chemical and ordered it from Ingredients to die for.com. It comes in various sizes and works like a charm to achieve proper conductivity and I haven't had any issues with irritation or breakouts.I mix equal parts (you can play around with it) with Lilly of the Desert Aloe Gel (in the tube).

Here's the info:

NatureSilk is a 100% natural. An ultra pure moisturizer and emollient that is sustainable, and renewable.. You can feel good about using NatureSilk, as high as 70% with no irritation, in all of your bath and body products. NatureSilk is EcoCert, and NPA, approved, and contains No Petros, and NO Preservatives.

NatureSilk is not Propylene Glycol, which is a petro chemical. NatureSilk is the plant based alternative to Propylene Glycol.
NatureSilk is 1 ,3-propanediol. Propylene Glycol is 1,2-propanediol.

NatureSilk offers the formulator a natural alternative to get the silkiness, and solvent, properties of the petro derived glycols i.e... propylene glycol, butylene glycol ... but through a vegetable source that is also great for the skin. Now you can formulate petro free moisturizer without sacrificing the benefits. NatureSilk also offers improved moisture binding activity to hydrate the skin and slow water loss while it imparts a silky, feel to your emulsions.

One of the first criteria for any good moisturizer is to boost the skins hydration and improvement of the moisture barrier to slow water loss in the skin. It's the break down of the skins natural moisture barrier that is at the heart of all unhealthy skin as well as aging skin. When you add NatureSilk to your emulsions and other moisturizers you'll be adding true moisturizing benefits to the skin. Moisturizing the skin is not as easy as just adding oils and butters. These function as emollients, not moisturizers, so they lock in moisture but they don't deliver hydration to the skin. NatureSilk is the perfect natural solution to this challenge of creating an effective moisturizer.

NatureSilk is also the perfect solution to solubilizing those extracts, and actives, that are difficult to incorporate due to their insolvency. It is not quite as powerful as its petro counterpart but it does come pretty close and is worth the sacrifice when you need a natural alternative.

ATTRIBUTES

• Natural Alternative to the Petro Chemicals
  • Solubilizer for Difficult to Incorporate Actives and EO/FO
  • Dramatic Improvement in the Glide of Emulsions
  • Superior Moisturizing Benefits to the Skin and Hair

GUIDELINES

• Add to Water Phase
  • 2.0 to 70.0%

Thank you for posting this. I stopped using the NuFace because I was getting swelling, redness and itching. I will have to try your recommendations. 

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Occasional Visitor

You say that you can use water with the same results. This really works? You still have the cougnuaty (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) 

Thanks

Respected Contributor

This is my problem with the machine you have to wash or rinse off the product before going on to the skincare step , i am still deciding on keeping it , i use the facemaster for under the eyes , you just dip the probes in the solution and  after you are done that is it. But i do think for full face the nuface is easier , but then you still have that extra step.

I don't think you're supposed to use oil for nuface