Respected Contributor

I too have very dry skin and the only way I look nice is to use Cover Girl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1, serum and foundation(swirled together) in a pump bottle. Use whatever works the best for you as far as serum or moisturizer than pump this on the tip of you fingers and apply. It is buildable but doesn't take much so go easy the first time.

This gives me the most natural look as far as any foundation I have ever tried. I use 142, medium beige and I am fair. This also really helps to moisturizer your face.

I have tried so many brands, high and low end and always come back to this, looks the best on me and feels good, not like I have a mask on like some.

Respected Contributor
Dry skin must have water to hydrate, a humectant to draw water, an emollient to moisturize, and an occlusive ingredient to prevent trans epidermal water loss (TWL). So a product without water is not going to help dry skin. Glycerin and sodium lactate and sodium PCA are very good and very common humectants. Hyaluronic acid is great, too. Oils are the emollient, among others such as fatty acids and fatty alcohols, and the occlusive ingredients include cocoa butter, allantoin, and dimethicone. Look for a product with a combination of those four categories. From personal experience, I feel Isomers Ceramide Serum was in part what saved my crazy dry skin this winter.
Contributor

My skin is very dry as well. I have the perfect solution for you:

1.) Immediately after washing your face (and skin is still wet, place 3 stops of Tarte Maraguja oil on your face (using a patting motion). Allow to dry (5 min).

2.) Place Cerave moisturizing lotion (it comes in a pot) on top of oiled skin and you should see (and feel) immediate results.

3.) Also, please make sure you drink enough water !

Good luck !

Valued Contributor
On 3/18/2015 Harpa said:

Oils + aloe vera + hylauronic acid serum

Harpa, can you recommend a hylauronic acid serum? TIA.

Respected Contributor
Have you had your Vitamin D checked? Mine is low and my skin is so dry. I have problems with taking vitamin D but recently tried the vegetarian vitamin D which is plant based. I could tell a difference in my skin almost immediately. Researching online I found out that regular vitamin D is from lanolin so if your have a wool allergy that's a problem. So far I'm doing ok on the veg vitamin D.
Contributor
Cerave cream (the one in a jar) works amazing. Also, cerave renewing night cream. My skin has completely changed after switching to cerave products. Their products work amazingly, especially in keeping you hydrated.
Valued Contributor

I agree that a humidifier helps..also hyaluronic acid supplements.