Trusted Contributor

Try taking fish oil pills, works great for dry skin!

Frequent Contributor

The only thing that saved my severely dry skin this winter was Josie Maran's body balm. Tried so many other things, even my usual cream didn't work. I just happened to have some of her body balm from last year so I tried it as a last resort and it worked great!

Super Contributor

I completely forgot that I just received a sample of Paula's Choice Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster in my Birchbox! I will try it tonight.

Valued Contributor

The allergist recommended CeraVe. It is found at Walmart and other stores too.

It is not found with the other lotions more by the facial products.

it is the best I have ever used and I have used a lot of moisturizing lotions. It is not greasy.

Contributor

L'occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Comforting Cream has saved my skin. I ordered it directly from their site but I believe the Q sells it too. It has a strong fragrance but it goes away and it does not bother me at all. My skin has never looked better. I also ordered the lighter version of it and it will be perfect for summer. You only need a tiny bit so will last a long time too.

Valued Contributor

You need to work from the inside out , some supplements you might want to try are fish oil ,reservatrol,or astaxanthin , These will help your skin. Be patient and you will see a difference .

Cathy from ma

Honored Contributor
On 3/18/2015 Harpa said:

Oils + aloe vera + hylauronic acid serum

I bought the Isomers Moisture Mask on her last visit. The ingredients are aloe vera & hyaluronic acid. It has really helped my face when it gets so dry in the winter. I'm combo in the summer & dry in the winter. I also use some of her HPur (hyaluronic acid) with moisturizer. Aloe Vera is good for all kinds of things.

Respected Contributor

I don't know where you live but if you have heat running in your house use a small humidifier in your bedroom. It will help a lot and also with dry eyes.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/18/2015 Tricolor said:

My skin is dry by nature but I do keep it under control. Skinn's HydroSurge and Nutril Vitale mixed together really has worked better for me. In fact, I used to use Hydroshield but it did nothing for me. I also use Skinn's Collagenesis Face Oil mixed with my moisturizer. Currently using 24 Hour Cream by Skinn. Make sure you exfoliate to get rid of those dry patches. If none of this works I would contact a derm. I also like Cerave products too. Their body cream is what has gotten me through the Winter. I love all of those body creams that come in pretty scents, but they do nothing for my dry skin. Best of luck to you!

I second these products from Skinn. I haven't had one dry day since using these and I'm in south central Pennsylvania. We had a horrible winter. I also have his 24 hour cream but didn't use it often since these other products did so much for me. I love his products!!!

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

I have had dry skin since birth and now live in a dry climate so it's a constant for me. I do like the Skinn duo of Nutri Vital and Moisture Surge and rotate my creams (mostly because that's just me) Hydroshield worked for me for as long as it took to absorb - nothing beyond that. I also keep hydration dense serums around at all times.

What I think makes the most difference during the day for my skin is using a good spray mist periodically throughout the day. They don't disturb your makeup, actually they enhance it, as long as you don't mist the spray too closely.

I have tried a variety of them and by far the best I have found for me is the new spray primer by Smashbox. It does a really great job on my skin and seems to have more lasting power than the majority of others I've used. You can use it as your primer and then as needed to refresh your skin during the day.

Has made a really big difference throughout the day for me~