Super Contributor

Adding argan oil to my routine helped me. I'm also going to try the raved about Paula's Choice Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster, and marula oil. I like to leave my moisturizer on for about 30 minutes before adding the oil. The argan oil alone has helped so much.

When I wrote to Paula (at Paula's Choice) about my dry skin, she suggested that I use products that are made for Rosacea. I am currently finishing what I already have and will try that.

And one of the best things for dry skin is a humidifier. Most especially in the Winter. I get mine at Walls for less than $25 and it came with an extra filter. With this and argan oil, I have no flakes or dry patches.

Honored Contributor
On 3/18/2015 suzyQ3 said:

My skin is not as dry as yours sounds, but I am very happy with Paula's Choice Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster -- it's a blend of some wonderful oils and other effective ingredients.

Some here who do have very dry skin have raved about it. It is best used in conjunction with a moisturizer. I use her Skin Recovery. The combo has really helped my skin this winter.

THIS!!! I have not had one dry skin day this winter since using it (early Dec) which is a miracle for me. Usually the cold, wind and sun can chap my skin but not this year. I love that stuff!

Esteemed Contributor

Oils + aloe vera + hylauronic acid serum

Regular Contributor
On 3/18/2015 KatCat1 said:

Marula oil is excellent for dry skin and that's all you need. It balances the skin out no more dryness. I purchase mine by acure Organics under $20. You only need a drop to do the whole face. My normal routine is applying at bedtime but sometimes I use during the day.

I tried this Marula oil after seeing it mentioned on these boards and have been using it for about a month and I can honestly see a marked difference in my skin. It really hydrates & the price can't be beat. I was looking for something reasonable to try & I'm pleased with the results especially after this terrible winter in the NE. Thanks so much for the recommendation.

Valued Contributor

I highly recommend Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream. Has cured my dry skin!

Frequent Contributor

Dr Oz mentioned Eucerin's Diabetics' Dry Skin Relief body creme on his show recently for people with very dry skin (diabetic or not) and I tried it. I think it's a new Eucerin product, but not really sure about that. I'd never heard of it before or noticed it when shopping. My arms and legs were so dry and rough, but using this has this made a dramatic difference. And the effects last at least 24 hours and seem to be repairing the damage instead of just being a temporary fix. Most lotions and cremes make my skin feel and look better for a short time, but this one truly does that and more. It's the best anti-dry skin product I've used, and I've used a ton of them!

It does contain AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) so there is a caution about making sure to use sun screen if you are going to be out in the sun after using this product. I haven't used it yet on my face, but have been thinking about trying it. If it does such a great job on dry skin elsewhere, I think it's probably worth a try on my face too! Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I have been very impressed with it.

Super Contributor
On 3/18/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 3/18/2015 suzyQ3 said:

My skin is not as dry as yours sounds, but I am very happy with Paula's Choice Resist Moisture Renewal Oil Booster -- it's a blend of some wonderful oils and other effective ingredients.

Some here who do have very dry skin have raved about it. It is best used in conjunction with a moisturizer. I use her Skin Recovery. The combo has really helped my skin this winter.

THIS!!! I have not had one dry skin day this winter since using it (early Dec) which is a miracle for me. Usually the cold, wind and sun can chap my skin but not this year. I love that stuff!

Oh Yah, this is the best thing since....(not sliced bread 'cause that just isn't so great anymore {#emotions_dlg.w00t}) I have been using it everyday for the last week + and now I know that this is THE BEST!

Regular Contributor
For face Estee Lauder Swiss Performing Extract my Mom is in her late 80s and does not have a wrinkle on her face using this for years. For body Hempx original moisture lotion they sell it in ultra or on line. Your skin will be like butter!
Valued Contributor

I am still reading all the replies thank you so much. I notice some of you addressed the body I should have stated my face. I have argon oil, rose hip oil... that marula oil is looking pretty good right now. Going to finish reading... didn't want you kind ladies to think I asked a question and didn't return. Thank you again. Open for all suggestions{#emotions_dlg.tt1} need all the help I can get.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Regular Contributor

I would stop the Hydroshield for a while since it has Retinol in it and that can be drying. I had that same problem and stopped the Hydroshield and now I just use Josie Maran Argan Milk and Argan Oil and have seen improvement in the dryness. The winter and constant heat have really hurt my skin.

Hope this helps.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”