Valued Contributor

My simple beauty routine seems to have paid off!

I have been using only 3 skincare products all this year. A week ago someone I haven;t seen in 8 years stopped by my work and looked shocked when she saw me. She exclaimed OMG! You look fabulous, You look 15 years younger than the last time I saw you. I was shocked she said this to me because she was never the type to give out compliments,   

Anyway my routine has been simple, and not a lot of money except for 1 product that initially cost me over $100 for the bottle but it has lasted me 4 months so far and I still have about 1/4 of the bottle,

For cleansing I only use Ponds Cleansing Balm, melts down all makeup and leaves my skin so soft and dewy.

Nighttime moisturizer: First Aid Beauty Ultra Hydration Cream,

Daytime: one nickel size drop of Isomers Matrixyl-4 Pur Collagen peptide Serum, I spent over $100 on this bottle and was skeptical at first, but Manuela was right about it and if she brings it back again as a special in this size 4oz, I will buy again. It last me forever using it once a day,

Anyway, 3 products and I'm very, very happy with how my skin looks. I have really not used makeup except for mascara and lipstick and that's it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: My simple beauty routine seems to have paid off!

You didn't mention your age and if you ever were a sun worshiper. I'm glad your beauty routine is working to your liking though.

Honored Contributor

Fantastic!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset  How nice you found products that work for your skin!  I love Isomers as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkSunset   I’m glad you found something that works! It’s always good to see results. Please remember to use sunscreen daily. Even on cloudy days you can get skin damage and it’s expensive to remove sun damaged spots!

Respected Contributor

Sounds like it's working for you and that is great.☺
Wish I could pair down my products. I don't foresee this for me. Maybe someday. Actually maybe never.😁
Honored Contributor

Good for you! There’s only a certain amount of products one can put on their faces before some of the product doesn’t even make it to the skin. 

Valued Contributor

Its awesome that you've found a good beauty routine thats paying off. Ive never tried isomers but first aid beauty products are good. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset   Happy you found a routine that works for you!  Wonder if they will every offer Matrixyl at that fabulous price again?

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you, @PinkSunset !   I'm glad this worked for you.  It was the same for me.  I quit layering skin care products several years ago -- I'm "one and done" now.  My complexion improved after a few weeks and gets better every day.  And I'm 70 now.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt