Trusted Contributor

My review of Stroke of Beauty Brow Pencil

I've been using this product for a couple weeks now (my order included the brow pencil duo and the concealer and brush) and I like it.  I like the two colors in one pencil.  I think that's neat and that's not something I've seen before.  It goes on pretty easily and stays on well.  I thought it was a bit more waxy than my other go-to brow pencils, NYX and YBF.  It was a bit of an adjustment because I've been using the NYX skinny pencil for quite a while now and it was an adjustment getting used to a pencil that was bigger and slanted.

The spoolie brush is very soft, but not overly so.  I thought it was softer than my other brow pencils and I really liked it.

I'm not sure if I'll repurchase when I'm out because I really like my NYX pencil and it's very afforadable.  But it was nice to try something from Holly's Stroke of Beauty line.

I enjoy doing little experiments, so I'll probably play around with all the brow pencils and see which color I like best, one brow will get one color and the other brow will get another color.  Hopefully, I won't look crazy!  Then I'll be able to see if I prefer one application over another.  I have all 3 pencils on the back of my hand and the YBF is the darkest.  The NYX is the warmest (I'm using Ash Brown).  And the Stroke of Beauty is the coolest.

Oh, I almost forgot!  I LOVE the white color casing!  It makes it really easy to see among my brushes and eye liners (I keep them in a Sephora type organizer where I stick them in the beads).

I know Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty includes Anastasia's brow pencil.  I wasn't interested in it, but I think I'll go color swatch it soon and try it out.  I've read many raves for it on this board.  I also noticed my YBF pencil is not turning up anymore, so it's almost out.  I do enjoy trying new makeup products.  Heart

I'm also going to do a separate review of the concealer and brush.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: My review of Stroke of Beauty Brow Pencil

Thanks for the review.  You can spend a fortune going through different brow products trying to find one suitable for you.  Reviews are useless; half love the product and half hate it.  No one has yet come up with one that's 100% perfect. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624. The best pencil I've used is the original one from IT. The color is universal which is why I like it. Choosing a color is the pits. I never know whether to go w/ dark brown, brunette, rich brown, med. brown...Every line has a different name for a brown brow pencil. The IT one goes anywhere from taupe (I use it lightly at the start of my brows) & then go darker (just heavier handed) at the arch and non-existent tail. Great pencil.

Honored Contributor

Ive used the YBF pencil for years but my hand is not as steady as it used to be and I often make a mess of it.  Maybe I should just abstain? 

Honored Contributor

Awh @Kachina624. Sorry. I get mine dyed then just have to fill in bald spots. Some darn brow hairs are turning grey. What's up w/ that? Getting older is a lot of extra upkeep.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 How about a brow powder instead of a pencil?  Maybe you would have more control with a traditional makeup brush or if you do mess up it would be more forgiving and easier to fix with a quick swipe of makeup remover.

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77  Thanks, it's the only thing I haven't tried and you may be right.  Does it stay on, though? 

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  Some of them come with wax to apply after the powder, which sets it.  I've used NYC brand from Walmart (it's 4 dollars).  I see NYX brand makes a cake powder and wax product.  It's 6 dollars.  I wouldn't use the brush that comes with it, I would get something a little better, or you may already have a brush that would be useful.  Here's the pic of NYX & NYC, they both come in a variety of colors...

Eyebrow Cake Powder

Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77  Thanks, I can't use those tiny brushes.  Need something to brace against my hand.  I'm going to try powder.