Honored Contributor

My review of Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation

I most often use Lancome's stick foundation, but I always like to have a powder one for lazy days and for setting when I need it.

My current Urban Decay Naked Skin Powder Foundation is being discontinued, so I've been researching an alternative. I tried samples of Jane Iredale and just wasn't wowed with the coverage at all. I finally landed on the Mineral Fusion product.

I read reviews on both MUA and Amazon and decided to give it a try. I chose Neutral2 (they have a decent selection of shades). The coverage is sheer to full, depending upon application. I used a stipple brush for sheer and a dense rounded brush for full. I prefer sheer to medium and then using a small brush if I need to cover any little imperfections.

The finish is what I would call a natural matte. It is not at all shiny but not at all flat. Longevity was excellent for me. I experienced not oxidation either.

It retails for $32; I paid $23 and change from Amazon. Here is the company's description:

Flawless Coverage
Silky, triple-milled minerals offer buildable coverage to even skin tone and smooth the appearance of fine lines and pores for a naturally beautiful complexion and shine-free finish.

Age-Defying
A powerful blend of Pomegranate, White Tea, Red Tea, and Sea Kelp, plus Vitamins C and E, defend skin against free radical damage for a healthy radiance.

Skin-Soothing
Formulated with only the safest, most gentle ingredients, the natural UV protection of minerals, plus skin-soothing Licorice Root, Aloe Vera, and Cucumber. Great for use on all skin types.

Formula Purity
Gluten Free :: 100% Vegan :: Cruelty Free :: Paraben Free :: Artificial Color Free :: Fragrance Free :: Talc Free ::  Hypo-allergenic :: Phthalate Free

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: My review of Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation

The reviews on the Mineral Fusion site are excellent.  I had my eye on a few of their products when I was trying to find a replacement for a soon-to-be discontinued CC cream.  Several of their products are sold in local "natural food" stores; I've tried their primers on the back of my hand but haven't committed to anything yet.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How did you know which shade to pick? @suzyQ3

I need to have samples or go to a store and be matched.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I looked on their site, reviews are excellent. I do see it for less on ebay under $20. I would choose Neutral 2 also

Honored Contributor

Looks like they also have a liquid foundation. And they used to have loose mineral foundation too, one seller on ebay selling it, but not on their website now.

Regular Contributor

Thank you, Suzy. Love foundation, and reviews. Just tried Physicans Formula cushion foundation...best I have tried in a while.

Honored Contributor

Good brand. I use Mineral Fusion's brush on sunscreen every day and I love it. The product I use has only the barest bit of color to mask the titanium dioxide (which is white), so it's not really a foundation. Highly recommended as a strong daily physical sunblock that doesn't interfere with moisturizer or makeup. Simple to reapply too.

FYI: The one I use is called Mineral Fusion, Mineral SPF 30 Brush-On Sun Defense with antioxidant protection. I just do my usual skincare and then dust this on top.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I see they also offer a decent line of skin care, cleansers, toners, primers, etc. Vitascost has a very good selection, discounted off the regular website price, and often they offer even more discounts.

Honored Contributor

To answer a few questions: The MF website is very helpful. Just go to the product and click on the links. They describe the shades, and the pics are fairly realistic. Also, my Whole Foods carries them and has testers, but the price is retail.

I bought sight unseen on Amazon because I was quite certain which shade I needed. Amazon both sells and fulfills the order -- no third party. They accept returns.

Personally, I'd rather pay $23 on Amazon, than a dollar or two less on eBay. Since they sell so many, I trust in the freshness and the fact that I can return it if necessary without any hassle. I'm less confident about buying cosmetics or skincare on eBay.

I should also say that I have dry skin and find that this foundation doesn't cake or crease. It has a very nice, smooth texture. If I can answer any other questions, let me know.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland