Trusted Contributor

My review of IT Cosmetics Tightline Mascara

I'm very picky with my mascaras.  I enjoy trying them, but it's rare that I find one that I really like.  My favorite mascara is Avon's Supershock.  I was browsing around Ulta one day and looking at the IT Cosmetics mascaras.  I thought the Tightline mascara looked interesting and I knew my cousin really liked it, so I decided to give it a whirl...in the travel size.  I love that they offer travel sizes so someone can try it out for a little bit of money.  

To my pleasant surprise, I really liked Tightline.  It's a nice daytime mascara.  The color is dark without being too dark.  You can really get all your lashes and it separates them nicely.  I didn't find it to be clumpy or messy (I found Superhero to be messy when putting it back in the tube). 

I haven't felt the need to use it as a lash primer only product yet.  Maybe I'll do up my lashes soon and add another coat of something else and the Tightline will be my lash primer.

I still use my black eye liner on my inner rim.  I tried it without and it didn't really work for me.

I would most likely repurchase again. 

Does anyone know of a dupe type of product?  I couldn't think of one off the top of my head.  I thought the brush was unique.  Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I feel like Bare Escentuals made something similar years ago, although the "brush" was a lot bigger.  I really like the smallness of the Tightline brush.  Anyone else want to jump in with their own review of Tightline? 

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

Re: My review of IT Cosmetics Tightline Mascara

I haven't had good luck with any of the IT cosmetics I've tried.  I can do better at the local drug store.  I quit even trying the brand.  Foundations show every line, mascaras and tightline clump my lashes, lip products don't last 10 minutes.  I think the heavy makeup they sell is out of fashion.  In fact, unless you need theater makeup, I wouldn't suggest anyone try the line.  It doesn't even do favors on the young people, and it really looks bad on the older models IT uses.

Respected Contributor

I think It Cosmetics Tightline mascara primer is the best product I ever purchased from QVC. It gives me a very thin eyeliner line. I use it as a mascara for a very natural look, and a primer under mascara for a bolder look. I would not be without this product.

Honored Contributor

I love the tightline mascara and use it every day.  I use the waterproof over my regular mascara and since doing that, I have had no raccoon eyes.

Honored Contributor

I use Tightline as a stand alone mascara, once i put this on I dont need any other mascara.

Honored Contributor

I have this mascara and I like it, as my lashes, both bottom and top are skimpy and short, due to chemo---nothing will make them do anything like before chemo-- but the thing I really like is the skinny, teeny, tiny, brush that it has. The other types of mascara have enormous brushes that don't work for me. I will wash this and use it with the other mascaras I have. 

Valued Contributor

IT Tightline is my favorite mascara.  I usually get it when it is "supersized" (3 tubes for a lower price.)  I missed it this time but it will be back when I least expect it.

A lot of posters say that Maybelline Lash Discovery is very similar with a smaller brush.  I haven't tried it yet but  will one of these days.

Respected Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

I'm very picky with my mascaras.  I enjoy trying them, but it's rare that I find one that I really like.  My favorite mascara is Avon's Supershock.  I was browsing around Ulta one day and looking at the IT Cosmetics mascaras.  I thought the Tightline mascara looked interesting and I knew my cousin really liked it, so I decided to give it a whirl...in the travel size.  I love that they offer travel sizes so someone can try it out for a little bit of money.  

To my pleasant surprise, I really liked Tightline.  It's a nice daytime mascara.  The color is dark without being too dark.  You can really get all your lashes and it separates them nicely.  I didn't find it to be clumpy or messy (I found Superhero to be messy when putting it back in the tube). 

I haven't felt the need to use it as a lash primer only product yet.  Maybe I'll do up my lashes soon and add another coat of something else and the Tightline will be my lash primer.

I still use my black eye liner on my inner rim.  I tried it without and it didn't really work for me.

I would most likely repurchase again. 

Does anyone know of a dupe type of product?  I couldn't think of one off the top of my head.  I thought the brush was unique.  Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I feel like Bare Escentuals made something similar years ago, although the "brush" was a lot bigger.  I really like the smallness of the Tightline brush.  Anyone else want to jump in with their own review of Tightline? 

I love Lash Discovery by Maybelline. It has a very small brush like the It one. I have never tried the It mascara to compare but I like a skinny brush also and some of the MUA use Lash Discovery.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stargazer77,    Try Lash Discovery by Maybelline.  A thin brush so you can get every lash.  I used it for years when they offered black/brown and now I can only find black so I stopped using it but it is excellent.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength