Trusted Contributor

Re: My recent raves -- please share yours!

On 9/29/2014 FUTURE said:
On 9/29/2014 vaccinia said:

Milani gel eyeshadows are my most recent fave.

Also loving e.l.f. undereye setting powder. Really does set concealer without looking cakey or settling into lines and also gives a slight brightening effect.

Almay intense i-color volumizing mascara. This stuff is genius. Does not clump or flake. I have the plum and will also get the sapphire. $5.39 at Target.

Wet n Wild natural blends pressed powder. Rivals some much more expensive powders I've tried.

Ok, does that elf powder have shimmer in it? Bc I have almost bought it several times, but some reviews say it looks really glittery! I have checked it out at the store, and it didn't look like it, but i never pulled the trigger.

Hi FUTURE,

I don't see any glitter in the e.l.f. powder at all. I think it's $3, so you won't be out much money. And Target takes beauty returns, I believe.

Valued Contributor

Nars Audacious Lipstick in JANE -- terracotta rose -- perfect for fall.

NARS - Audacious Lipstick

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette -- stunning! I have light/medium skin and it is beautiful, but the reviews for women with dark skin say that it doesn't show up on them.

Hourglass - Ambient Lighting Blush Palette

CHI Silk Infusion -- applied to damp hair before blow drying gives the most amazingly soft hair.

CHI Shine Infusion

Valued Contributor

On 9/29/2014 kcladyz said:
On 9/29/2014 glmama said:

Thanks for posting your reviews. The MAC concealer sounds great. And I still haven't found my HG in this category so I'm always looking (I have about 3-4 of them at home that I go between.) I do like BBUE, though, I think a stick concealer is just so darn convenient.

Do you all want to hear a shocker??? I have NOT been purchasing many MU and Beauty products lately. Trying to really be mindful of the budget. Crazy idea, I know. Wink

I have slowed my online ordering as well. I think i had only 3 qvc orders since march

KC-We're saving some money, huh? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

There are several products I've used for 10+ and 20+ years and refuse to use anything else. If that ain't love, then I don't know what is!

A new favorite of mine is: Skinn's Bright Side Spot Treatment. Got it in a kit 2 months ago and almost didn't use it. Glad I did. The 4 nasty dark spots on the back of my right hand are almost gone. Just another week and it will be like they never happened. Now I'm using it on the 2 spots on my face.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 seagrl21 said:
On 9/28/2014 KatCat1 said:

My raves would be:

Laura Mercier 4 full size lipsticks for $19 and every shade is wearable.

Neutrogena Pore Refining Facial Wash

Laura Mercier's new foundation - Flawless Fluide, oil-free, long lasting, like a second skin.<br />

That is a great deal on the lipsticks, where did you purchase them so inexpensive?

Go on her website and look under Makeup and go all the way to the right to Color Palettes. there were quite a few palettes marked down and the four full size lipsticks was one of them. Good luck.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

On 9/30/2014 KatCat1 said:
On 9/30/2014 seagrl21 said:
On 9/28/2014 KatCat1 said:

My raves would be:

Laura Mercier 4 full size lipsticks for $19 and every shade is wearable.

Neutrogena Pore Refining Facial Wash

Laura Mercier's new foundation - Flawless Fluide, oil-free, long lasting, like a second skin.<br />

That is a great deal on the lipsticks, where did you purchase them so inexpensive?

Go on her website and look under Makeup and go all the way to the right to Color Palettes. there were quite a few palettes marked down and the four full size lipsticks was one of them. Good luck.

That Kat Smiley Happy Think the lipsticks are gone but now know to always check that section.

Super Contributor

Hey Future - what's up, girlie? Good to see you!

Recently, I have fallen for Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation. It really stays put on my oil-slick of a face and the color is great, with no oxidation. Also loving Too-Faced Shadow Insurance for my eye primer. I have also fallen in love with Ole Henrikson skincare! Love the Sheer Transformation moisturizer - oil free, light and airy - and the AHA night gel whose name escapes me at the moment. It makes my skin like silk! Those are my most recent loves!

Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 TheKateMeister said:

Hey Future - what's up, girlie? Good to see you!

Recently, I have fallen for Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation. It really stays put on my oil-slick of a face and the color is great, with no oxidation. Also loving Too-Faced Shadow Insurance for my eye primer. I have also fallen in love with Ole Henrikson skincare! Love the Sheer Transformation moisturizer - oil free, light and airy - and the AHA night gel whose name escapes me at the moment. It makes my skin like silk! Those are my most recent loves!

Hey, Kate!! Good to see you!! Thanks for sharing. I like that TF shadow insurance and always have it in my rotation. Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 vaccinia said:
On 9/29/2014 FUTURE said:
On 9/29/2014 vaccinia said:

Milani gel eyeshadows are my most recent fave.

Also loving e.l.f. undereye setting powder. Really does set concealer without looking cakey or settling into lines and also gives a slight brightening effect.

Almay intense i-color volumizing mascara. This stuff is genius. Does not clump or flake. I have the plum and will also get the sapphire. $5.39 at Target.

Wet n Wild natural blends pressed powder. Rivals some much more expensive powders I've tried.

Ok, does that elf powder have shimmer in it? Bc I have almost bought it several times, but some reviews say it looks really glittery! I have checked it out at the store, and it didn't look like it, but i never pulled the trigger.

Hi FUTURE,

I don't see any glitter in the e.l.f. powder at all. I think it's $3, so you won't be out much money. And Target takes beauty returns, I believe.

Thanks! I had to run in there today for office supplies, so I picked it up!
Super Contributor

On 9/28/2014 Persephonel said: Sea buckthorn oil was recommended by one of the posters here and pretty much cured my dry eye problem. I was not able to wear any eye makeup and felt miserable. I still use drops once in awhile but I was using them about every hour!
I am so glad it worked for you! I swear by it & wouldn't go a day without it now.