Frequent Contributor

My "hotel" hair-dryer experience-UGH!

There's been a recent post about hotel hair-dryers and I thought I'd post this.

I went away for a one night stay last night and figured, nah, I'm not going to bring my hair dryer just for one night. So I had to use the hotel's hair dryer. One of the worst ones ever! I could have hung my head out of the car window to dry my hair faster, LOL!

I ended up putting my hair up in a clip for the day.

Trusted Contributor

Re: My ""hotel"" hair-dryer experience-UGH!

I bring a hair dryer everywhere for that reason.

Trusted Contributor

I was the OP on that post. Just purchased a Revlon travel hair dryer @ Wal-mart for under $13. Think it's going to solve my problem.

Honored Contributor

Yup. You only have to do that once and you never do it again.

I live and die by my hair, so I don't care what I have to leave home to accommodate my blow dryer in my suitcase.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Been there, done that, and even with a working one couldn't get it dry. I always bring my travel one, either the Babyliss Bambino or the Conair Micro one. WM does have decent prices on small ones that are either super small all by themselves or have folding handles as well. Those are also super great for people with dexterity problems or arthritis. They are super lightweight and great for kids that are learning as well.

Respected Contributor

I used a hotel dryer one time (Andis) and loved it so much I bought one. Not the hotel version, but full size. I use it to this day.

Respected Contributor

Yep my hair never comes out the same. I don't take my hair dryer, but will probably start too.
Honored Contributor

We usually stay at JW or Marriott. We get a mixed bag of hair dryers. The small hotels, or the upgraded rooms have a full size blow dryer. A good one too, with cold cycle which I love for my curly hair. But then some have this toy blow dryer in the wall that is a piece of junk.

I try to plan it so I do not wash my hair while away. My hair takes way too long to natural dry, and needs special care because it is so curly, and I wear it curly, not blown out.

My daughter was at Disney California, and the blow dryer fell entirely off the wall, and fell and broke her new iphone. Disney examined the damage, etc and got her a new phone delivered to the hotel next morning! Is that the best company ever? So just a caution, if you lay your cell on the counter while doing make up, watch out for hair dryers!

Honored Contributor

I've never had a problem with the dryers in the hotels I've stayed in. They are always full-size and are in a nice carrying bag on a counter near or under the sink.

Super Contributor

Yes they take forever. My hair is pretty long and I got so frustrated with one that I was using it too close to my hair. I thought it would help it dry faster. Nope. Instead my hair got sucked in the dryer. Luckily, I turned it off quickly and my hair was fine.