Honored Contributor

My pursonic toothbrush died after 9 months

Ok so is 9 months the normal longevity of these sonic toothbrushes? I'm really frustrated now, I've had oral B electric toothbrushes that last years. Should I just switch to Sonicare?

Here is why I think it's dead, I just charged it a couple days ago and when I went to use it it was completely dead. And when I put it on the charger, no lights came on like they normally do. I know the plug works fine because I have my clarisonic charger plugged into the same socket and it lights up when I put it on the charger. So it's getting power.

I don't leave it on the charger all the time, I only put it on there when it needs charging and then remove it when it's done.

Can I just change the rechargable battery in it?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: My pursonic toothbrush died after 9 months

have you tried contacting the company?

i have bought 7 of these and they all work very well and have had a couple for about a year and a half and the rest about a year. i like the way these work much better than the oral-b or the sonicare.....and i love how they have all of the exta heads.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I haven't because it just happened tonight and well it's pretty late in the evening. I was getting ready for bed when I had a completely dead toothbrush. Tried brushing them manually and man that doesn't work nearly as well.

I like the sonic better than oral B type too, but I don't want to buy a new one every 9 months.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

here is their contact information....you may want to email them and/or phone them.

http://www.pursonicusa.com/ContactUs.asp

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein