Valued Contributor

Have been using the Oxygen nail treatment and Be Strong for about nine months and have unfortunately come to the conclusion that it doesn't work for me.  Nails are still weak, still cracking and peeling.  Also, it just doesn't last very long as I keep having to reapply every few days.  Even with the Be Strong as a base coat.  It's beautiful for a day or two and then looks really shabby and cheap.  So I will have to find something else.

Trusted Contributor

Am in complete agreement with you.  It does not last as long as any other brand I use AND it goes on strangely.  The colors are very pretty-that's all.

Honored Contributor

I find that the best solution for weak, peeling, splitting nails is the regular, daily use of a rich oil or cuticle cream.  I don't think the type or brand matters.  I've used coconut, Argan, jojola oils and a variety of cuticle creams....anything to keep nails from drying out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: My opinion on Julep

[ Edited ]

@catmama  In the meantime start rubbing oil on your cuticles and nails a.m. and at bedtime.  I know that QVC has a nail product that is on from time to time but I can't remember the name.  Do a search on nail products and read the reviews.  Good luck.Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@catmamawrote:

Have been using the Oxygen nail treatment and Be Strong for about nine months and have unfortunately come to the conclusion that it doesn't work for me.  Nails are still weak, still cracking and peeling.  Also, it just doesn't last very long as I keep having to reapply every few days.  Even with the Be Strong as a base coat.  It's beautiful for a day or two and then looks really shabby and cheap.  So I will have to find something else.

I never had any luck with  most products I had peeling, weak nails and then I tried  Nailtiques 2. This stuff is great! I have long strong nails and is the only prodouct that ever worked for me. It is pricey so I buy mine on E-bay.

Honored Contributor

@catmama- I had the same experience.  I should have returned the kit but I let too much time pass.  I did cancel the auto delivery though.  I'm hard on my nails and pick at them so a nice looking set has always eluded me.  Rather than a paint on product, I'm thinking diet, supplements, and treating the cuticle is the way to go.   Plus, for me, trying not to be hard on them and remembering to smooth a rough edge with a file rather than picking at it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@catmamawrote:

I agree, @catmama. After using Julep Oxygen nail treatment, it was so "nothing," I hesitate to buy anything Julep.

It did absolutely nothing for my nails. I went with the Perfect Formula Nail Guard System with great results. It strengthens the nail, and I'm filing back all the time. 

Honored Contributor

Sally Hansen Miracle Growth nail treatment, gold top, gold bottle, it works!!

Frequent Contributor

I apply 2 coats of the treatment polish and it lasts a week on me. No problem at all.

Super Contributor

Yeah, me too. An entire nail of polish would peel off at one time? Didnt notice any inprovement to my nails. One thing that has helped my nails is rubbing Josie Maran's Argon hand cream into my cuticles real well every time I put it on my hands so I think the previous suggestion for oil on the nails is a good one.