Respected Contributor

Re: My ongoing quest for my HG lipstick

You ladies are so awesome! Thanks for all your helpful suggestions. I ended up ordering an Estee Lauder lipstick from the bay that I'm going to try and I'm hoping it won't be too warm on me. It's one that often comes as a gift with purchase called "Sugared Honey" and I guess there are enough people who find it doesn't suit them, so they sell them online. I only paid $5 for a brand new tube so no great loss if it doesn't work. I can perhaps layer it with another one and create a "custom" shade. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mauvy Night might be worth a look. There are usually testers so you can at least see the color on the back of your hand (can go outside and look) and it's inexpensive.

CeeCee

Respected Contributor

Looks like I found it, ladies! Smiley Happy  My Estee Lauder lipstick #83 "Sugar Honey" arrived today and I LOVE it! I guess this is a pretty universally flattering shade and that's why it's been included as a gift with purchase in the past. It's not too dark, not too light and kind of a nude-pink-coral-neutral shade that's EXACTLY what i was looking for!  I just got back on the bay and ordered two more for $5 each. These supposedly retail for $26 each. Looks like this might be my HG lipstick. Smiley Happy  Thanks to all the ladies who posted the wonderful suggestions! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Ladies, I have been really happy and surprised with Rimmel's Provocalips 16-hour.  I am a retired music teacher and I now substitute teach ALL ages!  I talk and sing all day.  I love red almost exclusively and their Kiss Me You Fool is beautiful and lasts forever.  I have spent mucho $$$$ on supposedly long-lasting lip color.  Rimmel is by far the best I've tried.  Love it.

Respected Contributor

@vandyfan, my previous HG lipstick was Rimmel! I loved their brownish pink shade called "untamed" but it was discontinued. It came in a pink tube and the formula was moist with a little bit of shimmer to it. I have not been disappointed with anything I've bought from the Rimmel line and it's so reasonably priced!

Respected Contributor

Lipsticks on Ebay...you don't know how old it is.

Try Costco online for some interesting shades and options. There are actually some top products there at discounted prices. You can't beat it.

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

Looks like I found it, ladies! Smiley Happy  My Estee Lauder lipstick #83 "Sugar Honey" arrived today and I LOVE it! I guess this is a pretty universally flattering shade and that's why it's been included as a gift with purchase in the past. It's not too dark, not too light and kind of a nude-pink-coral-neutral shade that's EXACTLY what i was looking for!  I just got back on the bay and ordered two more for $5 each. These supposedly retail for $26 each. Looks like this might be my HG lipstick. Smiley Happy  Thanks to all the ladies who posted the wonderful suggestions! Smiley Happy

And that's why it's impossible for a lipstick to "read" the same for everyone!  I love this Sugar Honey shade, but for me it's a mocha shade, a shimmery brownish color, with no hint of coral or pink.  I like it, but only when I want a totally no-color shade.  It's very pretty, creamy, lasts.  It is one lipstick I always have on hand.  

Respected Contributor

Have you tried Moxie, from Bare Minerals??   Everything makes my lip dry, and peel.  I gave this line a try after using Christian Dior lipsticks, which I loved.  So..Moxie is a great switch, and alot cheaper.  Just would like more colors.  Very moisturizing, and lasting color.

Esteemed Contributor

It happens all the time that a lipstick color wears on you different than it appears in the tube.  I long ago came to the conclusion that makeup artists have this one right and that it takes more than one color (and formula) to create that perfect shade for youself.  Personally, I can't remember the last time I used less than one lipstick, and at the very least added a second color in a gloss, for my lip makeup.  

Because I prefer mixing I can even use some of the lipsticks from sets which alone might be totally awful for me. 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1

That is so pretty!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin