Super Contributor

Re: My neck is starting to go.....mid 50's....how is your neck at this age?

On 3/27/2015 brewhaha said:

You're mean !

Honored Contributor

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=yoga+exercises+for+the+neck+and+face&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid...

these are just a couple. Look up kiss the sky and the lion yoga for face

Valued Contributor

Using Facial Flex helps tremendously in keeping the neck firm and tight. Also Dr. Perricone's Neuropeptide Necolletage neck treatment.....beautiful results.

Respected Contributor

Is anyone using Tova's body creme on their neck? I know TOVA said she applies it daily to her skin and she looks great for her age.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 3/27/2015 Kathleen said:

Learn to love turtleneck shirts. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Oddly, for many neck problems, turtlenecks make them look even worse.

This is what I think. I don't like turtlenecks on me at all. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

On 3/26/2015 AnnMarie-1 said:

Anyone who is using products they like, please share!

Congrats 05gage25 on the 50 pound weight loss!

just felt the back of my neck; dense, firm, awesome also! LOL

Thank you so much, AnnMarie-1!! Smile

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 05gage25 said:
On 3/26/2015 AnnMarie-1 said:

Anyone who is using products they like, please share!

Congrats 05gage25 on the 50 pound weight loss!

just felt the back of my neck; dense, firm, awesome also! LOL

Thank you so much, AnnMarie-1!! Smile

I quit product sharing
No sharing of products here. For some reason the "critics" appear and tell you why it can't work.{#emotions_dlg.blink} and why we are ignorant to spend that kind of money for products. However, I do vouch for the neck exercises. I have not tried facial flex, but it makes sense to me.

Respected Contributor

Trusted Contributor

They are also using Botox for the neck area too so if anyone is contemplating getting Botox at some point, ask the doctor if he/she does Botox for the neck area. I've seen some befores and afters and they are pretty impressive. They had a local news story on it here a few years ago so I know docs here do it.

I also think genetics plays a big role as does major weight gain and loss over the years. It is the one area where genetics was very good to me and I am guilty of having really ignored my neck in the past. Also was a real sun worshipper but I was just fortunate to have genetics on my side. It certainly isn't due to any diligence on my part though I do try and focus on it now.

I have read excellent reviews on Strivectin's, Prai's (HSN) and Perricone's Sub D. Those 3 seem to have the best reviews I've come across. Oh, Bare Minerals also has one that I've heard positives about too.

Honored Contributor

Just like most things, a lot of it is in our genes and a lot sun exposure, stress, etc.

I am going on 63 and my neck looks pretty good. I have always treated my neck the same as my face. Cleansing and moisturizing with the same products.

Other than trying to treat your body properly --- good eating habits, proper rest, exercise and not abusing --- I don't think there's much you can do.

Now -- my hands --- that's another story! I used to have such pretty hands. Now they are all veiny and getting lined. Yuck. I've always worn gloves to do household chores that involve water and cleaning agents, haven't had a ton of sun exposure and moisturize a lot. It's very depressing, but --- I know I am getting up there. I am also very fair and have very thin skin, so this does not help either.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin