Valued Contributor

Re: My neck is starting to go.....mid 50's....how is your neck at this age?

Hi snoops: If it is a Dr. Perricone vit c serum...I don't see why not. I LOVE his vit c serum which reminds me, I am out and need to get more!

Respected Contributor

I use whatever face cream I have, (usually Elizabeth Grant) and Josie Maran's argan oil my neck....It looks great just hit 60...I think it is genetic also, plus Josie's oil is awesome, my face looks better than it did 5 years ago...simple but I like it that way!..Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I'm 57 1/2--so I'm officially on the older mid-fifties side...I can tell you that my neck is pretty crummy looking to me! It looked fine at 53--I feel like it happened overnight!

Regular Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Jaspersmom said:

How you age is mostly genetics. However, if you've been out in the sun, smoked heavily or drank too much, it is going to show. I am aging exactly like my mother and grandmother. Neck is good and I'm in my 60's. Other things are showing signs of aging. No sun, no cigarettes, no booze, just genetics. Skin products won't hurt, but they're probably not going to do much for anything that is wrinkling or sagging. That is the result of a loss of collagen. Make the best of it and highlight your strong points. I have a great head of hair and very little grey. I make the most of it and disguise the aging parts of the ol' body. Hey, life is way too short to fret. Enjoy the time you have.

Amen!!!

Valued Contributor

On 3/30/2015 keeper of the koi said: I am in my fifties my neck looks good. I believe you must get your ducks in a row to take care Of this .Proper vitamins and minerals, topicals like retin A,and facial exercise and massage. I have been doing a program from Debra Crowley called flex effect. I have been using her program since 2005,but have been doing some form of facial exercise since my 20s.flex effect is built on the principals of building the muscles using your hands as weights.Debexplains about all facial muscles working together causing the facial falling ,also talks about massage and explains nutrition also topicals.I started massaging my hands and the skin has thickened so nicely that they no longer have the creepy texture.I am very light skinned so that was fantastic.Good luck ,don't give up hope ..just research reaserch....Maryanne

I really like the flex effect program. Have been doing that for a long time. I'm like you, I had been doing facial exercises since my mid twenties. Last year I started doing the Facial flex program and I think it took my skin to a new level. My jawline looks even better since I started with that gadget.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/30/2015 motherinlaw said:

Hi snoops: If it is a Dr. Perricone vit c serum...I don't see why not. I LOVE his vit c serum which reminds me, I am out and need to get more!

Thanks motherinlaw.

Frequent Contributor

Flex effect is not facial flex.. Flex effect works everything hands only, facial flex only works lower face. Every part of the face. Will need work some day! I forgot to mention sun screen , physical sun screen can actually help skin repair itself. Dry brushing the body also helps thicken the skin. Faces fall because of bone loss as well . There are many ways to build bone back with pressure. The face is no different from the body.temples cave slightly,fore heads get flatter and larger as we age we droopfrom the top down. Topicals like Josie Marin oils have a big place in skin care but replacing lost facial fat with muscle gives the illusion of youth . many web sites. Lik,. Raw beauty , will show examples of natural body care.sorry for the rant but this is my passion for many years...... Maryanne